1. R-e-n-n-a-t

R-e-n-n-a-t New Member

How are reviews tracked?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by R-e-n-n-a-t, Dec 4, 2010.

I'm supposed to review six stories before I can post there, but how do I know that the admins know that I reviewed? Do I actually have to tell them?

2. Mallory

Mallory Contributor Contributor

Just give constructive reviews and the mods will be okay...you don't have to PM them or anything, unless you do the reviews after your story got closed for lack of prior reviewing.

3. FrankABlissett

FrankABlissett Active Member

I thought it was two stories reviewed? Could be wrong though.

At any rate, they will check. You post, and if you've only had few posts so far, a mod looks at those posts to see how many were reviews. They need to be actual reviews too - NOT the "That was cool. It was fun to read." sort.

-Frank

4. miss_darcy

miss_darcy New Member

Yeah I think it's only two or three reviews. And you have to give constructive criticism for it to count (you'll see several examples on threads that have already been reviewed). The "that was good. I want to read more" comments never really help anybody, the reason why most people are here is to get help with their writing and become a better writer so constructive criticism is always good. But I'm sure the mods check your posts before shutting down a thread. If you want to know more I'm sure Cogito will be happy to tell you :)