1. Wilmeister

Wilmeister Member

Would you recommend?

Discussion in 'Discussion of Published Works' started by Wilmeister, Jan 2, 2013.

Over the past few months I've been hearing about this book "Chariots of the Gods", I hear it's an important book in Cryptozoology,Ufology,and Ancient history. I haven't read it yet. Has anyone read it? If so is it good, and is it worth the money?

2. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I read it as a kid (back in the early 70s). It was fascinating to me then, when I was twelve or so. It's one of the most "important" books in the field of ufology, ancient aliens, and so on, but it's been pretty much debunked. I'm a skeptic, and I don't believe any of the stuff in it now. Still, it's interesting for historical reasons, I guess.

3. thirdwind

thirdwind Member Contest Administrator Reviewer Contributor

I first heard about von Daniken a few years when I watched an episode of Ancient Aliens. I read maybe 30 or 40 pages of the book before I realized how ridiculous his arguments were. But if you're into that stuff, I suppose it's worth the money. You can probably get a used copy for very cheap.

4. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

It's a very entertaining read, too read it as a kid. His theories haven't been disproven, simply, the scientific community ridiculed him, but the theory is interesting and a food for thought.

5. Wilmeister

Wilmeister Member

Thanks