1. Edward G

Edward G Banned

How Can I know if They've Posted Two Critiques?

Discussion in 'Revision and Editing' started by Edward G, Dec 31, 2010.

In the critique section, how am I supposed to know if a writer has critiqued two other writers before posting his or her own writing?

I just wrote a review on someone only to see it deleted. Fortunately I saved it and it can be modified because it addresses an error that is common with new writers.

But how can I know so I don't waste my time in the future?

By the way, I really like the enforcement of that rule. I think it is extremely important to the critique groups, so I'm not complaining at all. I just want to know how I can know.

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer.

2. Elgaisma

Elgaisma Contributor Contributor

First thing is check number of posts - then go into profile and look in first statistics then check which posts they have written.

3. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

The simple answer is that you can go through the person's post history if you want. We don't catch every 3 post wonder that posts two shoddy reviews and then graces us with their magnum opus, so it does happen, but your review is not really deleted. We as mods only soft delete these so we have access to them. The fact that the person you reviewed was not up to snuff on his/her reviews is not something we hold against you, the new reviewer, should you happen to review that person's piece.

4. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

That's good to know. I gave up on reviewing, because my reviews disappeared.

5. popsicledeath

popsicledeath Banned

The unfortunate thing is people can learn a lot from reading other people's reviews (both about how to review and writing in general), so the people posting up excerpts too early not only hurt themselves, but the entire world forever! dun dun duuuuuuhhhhnnnn!

But really, most sites I'd spend more time reading reviews by others to learn, than writing my own or getting feedback myself. This site it's still possible, of course, but with that added twist where more reviews have a chance of not being shown.

And nope, I don't have a 'fix' as this isn't a major issue that I think needs fixed, just an observation and casual 'that sucks' basically.

6. Pook

Pook New Member

Yep, click on user name and view all posts,

simples