1. Spherical Time

Spherical Time New Member

How did this forum come about?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Spherical Time, Sep 25, 2006.

This forum is small now, which probably means that it isn't that old, and since the poster with the highest count is Lpspider, and he has less than 200, that seems to support that theory.

The Admin is from IL, USA, and one of the two Moderators is in the UK. The only other person on the staff list in an editor, and I'm not sure what kind of position that is here.

So, how did this forum come about? Did the Admin and the moderators meet on another board?

What's the history? We're writers, so isn't there a story there?

ETA: Ah, I see Verto joined here. I must have missed that before.

2. Daniel

Daniel I'm sure you've heard the rumors Founder Staff

Well, not much of a story, really, nor much involvment of people other than myself (boring, I know).

I run several websites, many which are forums. Before I got interested in web developement I was very interested in writing - so I thought, why not have the best of both worlds?

I decided to make this place because I thought (IMO) that most other writing forums just didn't offer what was required... ours hasn't quite developed what I want yet, but I feel confident it will in the future. I plan on offering structured reviews for writing, an ezine, contests, interviews, and publisher reviews, as well as much more in the near future.

The moderators are people I've met here who were interested in the position and I felt were confident and able to do the job. As for the Editor, that's a developing position involved with the upcoming ezine.

*pants*

That went on a bit longer than I expected.

Oh yes. We are fairly new as far as activity goes. The software that runs the board was setup several months before the "launch" - so it might show some users, myself in particular, have a join date several months before the boards actually started getting real posts.

3. kalibantre

kalibantre New Member

I hope to help you get bigger. I'm going to talk to my lecturer and get some flyers around uni for you. I was going to put this energy int anther site but well why work for someone who doesn't want you there? So here I am and I love helping things grow.

LP, what are your other sites?

4. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

If anyone sees J.K, tell her to come here and give an interview OR to give a mention of the site on the forums.
    That would be cool.:cool:

5. Spherical Time

Thanks for the answer, Lpspider! Perhaps, if I have some time on my hands, I'll pop you a PM about moderating.

I think that is quite the understatement.

She is, without a single solitary miniscule doubt, my hero.

I shouldn't gush though. The Brits respect the stiff upper lip, don't they.

6. Mercury

Mercury Active Member

Kalibrante, thanks for your support! The forums growing nicely and I'm sure will carry on doing so, but every effort helps.

Spherical, send that PM, bud.

7. Daniel

Having J.K. interviewed, besides being amazing in itself, would do wonders for publicity.

That would be quite amazing. :D

Hmm.... well, I haven't like made a list. Some are just info/resource sites that are sitting there.

Main Forums (long-term):

Writing Forum
    Philosophy Forum

I also run some TV forums... most are new, but they'll develope soon. That's why I'm so busy.

TV Forums:

Jericho
    Six Degrees
    The Nine
    Lost (largest)
    Knights (coming soon)
    Heroes (newest)

So yeah.

8. Spherical Time

Huh . . . that's really interesting. Are you running those for NBC, or are you just doing them on your own?

9. Raven

Raven Banned

Thats a fair few Forums.:)

~Raven.

10. Daniel

Just doing it on my own. However, I have partners with a few. Several I just don't have time for, so they're not really a priority.