Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hawky94

hawky94 Active Member

Warfare thread - Afghanistan/Iraq.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hawky94, Jan 27, 2011.

I'd like to know what some of you think about the situations in both countries, our possible reasons for being there... other than the proposed lie by the Bush administration.

If any of you have ever heard of extraordinary rendition by the CIA and other intelligence agencies, feel free to talk about that.. Abu Ghraib, Guantanamo Bay...

Is torture condonable?, is it right to use it in the interests of 'national security'; I am totally against torture, 100%, where has our human sense of morality gone?

I know that this may not be a popular forum, due to it's military outlook... but we all have opinions on different subjects, I'd like to hear yours.

2. hiddennovelist

hiddennovelist Contributor Contributor

Ohh, I wonder how long it will take this thread to get closed. ;)

I'm really not terribly knowledgeable on this subject, but a part of me (the part of me who was raised forced to pretend to be religious and still has her family's BS forced down her throat) thinks that the US, like individual people, should live and let live. Don't try to force one country's method of operation on another country, especially when they aren't ready for it.

That's probably also influenced by how many friends I have overseas...it would be nice to have them all home.

Anyway...that's all I've got to add, like I said, not terribly educated on the topic. Let the real discussion commence.

3. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

No. Just no.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.