1. Riaan

Riaan New Member

How do I replace Roman Numerals with normal numbers in Final Draft?

Discussion in 'Writing Software and Hardware' started by Riaan, Sep 3, 2016.

Hi,

I have Final Draft 8. My pages are numbered in Roman Numerals. How do I change that to normal numbers?

Thank you.

2. Lyrical

Lyrical Frumious Bandersnatch

Pretty sure Google would be a fantastic place to get a quick answer to this. Or YouTube.

Spencer1990 likes this.
  3. Riaan

Riaan New Member

Scoured both Google and You Tube for answers. Nothing. That's why I came here.

4. Riaan

Riaan New Member

Found the answer: If you start a new screenplay, and put a Title Page in first, it will give you Roman Numerical numbers from there on.

Best is to write a first page, and start your second, from there it will show normal numbers. Then you can add a Title page. It's really dumb, but there you go.

5. Sack-a-Doo!

Sack-a-Doo! Contributor Contributor

Yeah, I found a lot of things about this industry-standard software to be either dumb, nonintuitive or downright awkward. Trelby is free, open-source screenwriting software and much faster to pick up.

I'd prefer Movie Draft but it lies broken and abandoned in a far corner of the Internet. Too bad, really. It's got some great features.