1. Misterecho

Misterecho New Member

The Details

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Misterecho, Oct 21, 2009.

I have a inspired idea, a brilliant beginning, an exellent ending and a mediocre middle. I'm stuck on the detail, the hook.

Im writing a cyberpunk (it is not dead!) mystery adventure for my favorite RPG. I just can't work out the details.

The idea is that a Corperation has developed a Virus which will kill the poor (passe i know). Thus clearing the slums and allowing development. I'm finding it difficult to think of the clues i need to plant to send my player characters in the right direction.

Any help ?

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Pay more attention to your characters than to the storyline. Many of the clues will probably come from the antagonist's behavior and obsession anyway.

3. Dcoin

Dcoin New Member

Maybe some reverse bio-engineering? Tracking a host that doesn't want to be found? How about a villan among the poor?

Ideas abound.

4. Misterecho

Misterecho New Member

i like that villain among the poor, i think i will have to steal it! i will just try to work something out

5. architectus

architectus Banned

Work backwards. How did they develop and deploy the virus? How does the virus work? Once you know that, it should be easy to work backwards and think of the clues one would need to know in order to track the virus back to the bad guys.

6. Shadow Reeves

Shadow Reeves Active Member

On a plane filled with Motherf**king Snakes.
    first...is your character trying to kill them or save them?

if s/he is saving them, then i would suggest heist of the corporation's virus hold/safe. if it is more a science/detective story then its possible to find a test batch of the poor and take blood samples. perhaps add a love interest here?

7. nightheart1

nightheart1 New Member

How do you know for sure that this Virus will stay in the slums what makes the people in the slums different from others? Is it something in their DNA? If they aren't that different then what if the Virus leaked out into the whole city and started an epidemic? Sorry about all of the questions but I just want to know exactly how you are going to contain the Virus to the slums. Maybe containing the Virus in the slums somehow shows that the bad guys are the ones who started the spread of the Virus?