1. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

How do you.....

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by chandler245, Jun 15, 2009.

Can someone please show me how to use the 'to, too?" In the correct fashion in a sentence? I looked on the internet and found nothing. Thank you all

2. dagda24

dagda24 Member

If you think of "too" as meaning also, this becomes a lot easier.

I gave some flowers to Jane, and to Billy too.

3. Kas

Kas Contributing Member

If I understand your question correctly. . . you're uncertain about the difference between 'too' and 'to'?

Googling "too vs to" got me this: (copied from http://www.yvcc.edu/owl/tooto.html ). . . It's pretty simple. Hope it helps.

4. bluebell80

bluebell80 Contributing Member

I always remembered it as it is more common to have only 1 "o" but when I wanted more (excessive) I'd put 2"oo" or 2 'oo' are interchangeable with "also". I am so not explaining this the way my third grade teacher explained it to me. She used some little rhyme for it. But, that was so long ago, I can't remember it. :)

5. chandler245

chandler245 Banned

Thank you so much. I just seem to end up typing to, when it is suppose to be too. So I get lost at times and it is really starting to tick me off, that my brain can't make the connection. It makes me feel really dumb, and I am far from that. Thank you all for answering this. You guys and girls are so great. *hugs*