1. reachforouterspace

reachforouterspace New Member

Introducing me.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by reachforouterspace, Oct 3, 2016.

I'm a writer, just like the rest of you. I'm seventeen years old, and I'm a senior in high school this year. Which means I have to start thinking about my future, and it's a little scary. There's so many things to be thinking about. And I might not have my family standing beside me. But there's one thing I'm sure about: I want to continue writing.

I don't know if I could make a career out of it, or if I even want to, but writing is something that I'll always enjoy, and I'll never give it up as long as I can. I love being able to create and shape my own characters and their stories, and watching my characters as they grow and change. It's such a beautiful thing, and for a while I forgot what that felt like. Now that I've started writing again, I don't know why I ever stopped.

My goal is to stick with my writing, whether it becomes my career or something I do for myself. I want to share it with people, to transport them into these stories and for them to feel the same way I felt when I was creating them.

I'm excited to begin writing again, and to become a part of this seemingly wonderful community! I hope that I will be able to contribute something, even though I am a bit young. :)

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Welcome to WF! Sounds like you'll fit right in. :)
    What kind of story are you currently working on? I hope we'll be able to support and help you on your journey. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started. See you around!
    -Kat

reachforouterspace likes this.
  3. Cave Troll

Cave Troll It's Coffee O'clock everywhere. Contributor

Where cushions are comfy, and straps hold firm.
    How does one reach for the heavens if they don't strap themselves to a rocket? :supersmile:

Welcome to the Forum.

So take a load off and relax, it will all work out. :supersmile:
    Astronaut-Drinking-Carlsberg-on-Moon-HD-Desktop-Wallpaper1.jpg

4. reachforouterspace

reachforouterspace New Member

The book I am currently working is about a young woman who took off in an RV to travel the American southwest after her brother committed suicide. After almost a decade traveling alone, she meets a teenager who left home to look for their father, and it turns into this crazy adventure. I'll probably be posting questions asking for opinions and advice on different things concerning this book.

Thank you both for the warm welcome! :)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    IituRSI likes this.
  5. IituRSI

IituRSI New Member

I'd like to welcome you too. I'm relatively new here too, but I got familiar with forum pretty quickly :bigsmile:

6. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Welcome to the forum @reachforouterspace. There are people of all ages and backgrounds here and you'd be surprised how many people you have things in common with here. Like you I'm not sure I can make a career out of writing or even if I necessarily want to but I just have to write to see what happens to all the characters swirling around my head