1. ValianceInEnd

ValianceInEnd Active Member

Moon Walker Claims Alien Contact Cover-Up

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ValianceInEnd, Jul 24, 2008.

For those of you who might enjoy this, check it out. Makes you go "hmmmm".

FORMER NASA astronaut and moon-walker Dr Edgar Mitchell - a veteran of the Apollo 14 mission - has stunningly claimed aliens exist.
    And he says extra-terrestrials have visited Earth on several occasions - but the alien contact has been repeatedly covered up by governments for six decades.

Dr Mitchell, 77, said during a radio interview that sources at the space agency who had had contact with aliens described the beings as 'little people who look strange to us.'

He said supposedly real-life ET's were similar to the traditional image of a small frame, large eyes and head.

Chillingly, he claimed our technology is "not nearly as sophisticated" as theirs and "had they been hostile", he warned "we would be been gone by now".

Dr Mitchell, along with with Apollo 14 commander Alan Shepard, holds the record for the longest ever moon walk, at nine hours and 17 minutes following their 1971 mission.

"I happen to have been privileged enough to be in on the fact that we've been visited on this planet and the UFO phenomena is real," Dr Mitchell said.

"It's been well covered up by all our governments for the last 60 years or so, but slowly it's leaked out and some of us have been privileged to have been briefed on some of it.

"I've been in military and intelligence circles, who know that beneath the surface of what has been public knowledge, yes - we have been visited. Reading the papers recently, it's been happening quite a bit."

Dr Mitchell, who has a Bachelor of Science degree in aeronautical engineering and a Doctor of Science degree in Aeronautics and Astronautics claimed Roswell was real and similar alien visits continue to be investigated.

He told the astonished Kerrang! radio host Nick Margerrison: "This is really starting to open up. I think we're headed for real disclosure and some serious organisations are moving in that direction."

Mr Margerrison said: "I thought I'd stumbled on some sort of astronaut humour but he was absolutely serious that aliens are definitely out there and there's no debating it."

Officials from NASA, however, were quick to play the comments down.

In a statement, a spokesman said: "NASA does not track UFOs. NASA is not involved in any sort of cover up about alien life on this planet or anywhere in the universe.

'Dr Mitchell is a great American, but we do not share his opinions on this issue.'

2. Harmire

Harmire New Member

Not to be rude, but I honestly don't quite care if aliens contacted us and the government is covering it up. Its probably for a good reason, and I'm living a pretty good life.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If you've met some of the Fudds (PhDs) I've met, you wouldn't be surprised to find one with "eccentric" ideas in his head.

4. ValianceInEnd

The thing is, neither do I. I posted this up for fun and for the people who are interested in this stuff. I personally don't think aliens have contacted us, but I like to think about it because it's a cool idea.

5. ValianceInEnd

I wouldn't doubt it at all.

6. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

Interesting, but I doudt there is some cover up. Simply because compared to an alien species that can easily travel between solar systems, we are like cavemen. They would have no reason to contact us.

7. Harmire

Harmire New Member

I beg to differ. We are sitting on a goldmine of life, there is no reason NOT to contact us (other than trying to preserve us).

8. Shadow Dragon

Shadow Dragon Contributor Contributor

I would assume that their home planet has plenty of life as well. If they needed anything from Earth they would probably just take it, instead of asking us about it.

9. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Great timing with an X-files movie just out!

10. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

And if we all remember another little NASA related incident, namely the one where the crazy woman drove around the country in a diaper, we would dismiss this quite readily.

11. sfr

sfr New Member

I'm convinced there are aliens, but I'm not sure if any have visted us, I wouldn't rule it out. To the point if they wanted anything from us other than to observe us, I don't think so, doesn't it seem like the more intelligence one has the less violent one is. As I think about this it actually seems odd that we have not been visted by aliens. With all the life in the universe wouldn't it make sense that some advanced species would be here by now. Maybe they have a look no touch attitude, where they don't believe in interfering with us, and just let us be, or perhaps life is a little more slopistic (I'm not sure how to spell it, the argument that everything is in your mind, and everything outside it is an illusion) and the rules of my mind don't allow for it yet. Or maybe this guy is just old and a little out of it, plus the point Cogito made about the eccentricities.

12. Harmire

Harmire New Member

I was honestly thinking about that too lol

13. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Maybe not so crazy. Have you SEEN some of the rest rooms on the open highway?? :eek: ;)

14. ValianceInEnd

Haha, oh man...

15. Bluemouth

Bluemouth Contributor Contributor

Finally, a credible witness says aliens exist

(Didn't realise there was already a thread on this but I can't be bothered editing anymore of this post)

Dr. Edgar Mitchell, the sixth man to land on the moon, has just stated that aliens do exist and that we've been visited many times in the past. He also says Roswell was real. At 77, Mr. Mitchell has spent many years as a NASA astronaut and has been involved in extraterrestrial debriefings.

Listen to the radio interview here: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1fd_1216911065&p=1

My question is for skeptics, has this changed your viewpoint? If not, then what will? Seriously? The Roswell images are the real deal, by the way, so look them up again.

Also to note is a man who captured an alien on film earlier this year. The movie has since been sold to a documentary and will be aired later this year. Hopefully that video is also the real deal.

16. PipeandPen

PipeandPen New Member

Also an interesting point.

17. Gone Wishing

Gone Wishing New Member

I'm not entirely convinced one way or the other, to be honest, but I thought I'd share something that at least made me ponder the subject - it's the opening to a short story called The Ends Of The Earth by famed sci-fi/fantasy writer Lucius Shepard.

"Those whose office it is to debunk the supernatural are fond of pointing out that the incidences of paranormal activity most often take place in backwaters and rarely in the presence of credible witnesses, claiming that this in itself is evidence of the fraudulent character of the phenomena involved; yet it has occurred to me that the agents of the supernatural, especially those elements whose activities are directed toward evil ends, might well exhibit reticence in appearing before persons capable of verifying their existence and thus their threat to humankind."

Hehe... :)

18. PipeandPen

PipeandPen New Member

I've not read that quote before. I've seen where others have said similar things. Anyhow, I really like the quote.