1. Ms-inquisitive

Ms-inquisitive New Member

Novel How to write a dual opinion book?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Ms-inquisitive, Jun 1, 2014.

My husband and I have lived a very eventful life; in addition our relationship has been quiet challenging at times. We believe that the public would gain a lot from hearing about our story and the things we have learnt along the way. For this reason we want to share our experiences and in turn give strength to people who currently find themselves in similar positions.

Ideally we would like to write the book in a way that portrays my husband’s opinion as well as mine, as often they are worlds apart; however we are struggling to find an effective way of doing this. We are wondering if there are any creative people out there that could suggest a way or maybe know of a book/s that have portrayed two opinions effectively?

Thank you in advance.

2. Inkwell1

Inkwell1 Active Member

Perhaps write it from two different people's perspectives, trading off?
    Ex:
    MYA
    Mya was cursed, but her dearest friend had no idea. No one did, actually.

TODO
    Todo always wondered whether or not Mya was hiding something. She constantly acted like she was

3. maidahla

maidahla Active Member

inspired idea...

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

or, if the dialog format becomes too cumbersome a read [which i fear it might], try both of you writing the same chapter [one version following the other], so instead of bits and pieces of conflicting opinions, the reader can get to know each of you better with large chunks of each one's 'voice'...

book title can can be a catchy play-off on the yin/yang, 'black is white' or 'up is down' concept...