1. No-Name Slob

No-Name Slob Member Supporter Contributor

How much does a polar bear weigh?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by No-Name Slob, Jun 3, 2015.

Enough to break the ice?

Hey-Oh!

Hi, I'm Christan. :) Obviously I like cheap jokes. I wouldn't call myself a writer, but I love to write.

I'm not published or even remotely interesting in fact, so if you'd ought not know me, I certainly understand.

But if you can't help but root for an underdog, I'd love any and all help, critiques, encouragement, and even small-talk.

123456789 likes this.
  2. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

Do you play dodgeball? That's a true underdog story. :)

Welcome to the forum!

123456789 likes this.
  3. No-Name Slob

Ha! I forgot about that movie. Truth is, I excelled at dodgeball. But not the kind they played in that game.

I played the kind of dodgeball where everyone lined up along a wall, and the "player" literally dodged balls along the line. If you moved from touching the wall, you were out. If the ball hit you in the face, as it usually was aimed in that general direction, you were out.

Reason for my brilliance you ask? Well, I'm 4'11 so people always threw the ball higher than they realized. :cool:

And yes, my gym teacher was probably a sadist, if you're wondering.

4. Lewdog

Lewdog Come ova here and give me kisses! Supporter Contributor

That sounds like the crazy game me and my friends used to play called "butt ball." You threw the ball up against the wall and then you tried to catch it. If you touched the ball but didn't catch it you had to run up and touch the wall before someone else picked up the ball and threw it at you. If you did got hit, then you had to stand bent over facing the wall and let everyone get a free throw at your butt. we usually played with a raquette ball, and boy did those things sting!

AlannaHart likes this.
  5. No-Name Slob

Hahaha! I loved that game, but I called it wall ball. Wall ball was free of the consequential butt pelting ceremony.

However, butt ball sounds way more fun with that little catch (or throw, as it were).

Nicoel and Lewdog like this.
  6. Nicoel

Nicoel Senior Member

Welcome to the forum! Oddly I hadn't seen that ice breaker yet, but I definitely thought it was funny.

Here's the new member guide if you get lost or curious. I found it quite useful when I started here!

7. No-Name Slob

Thank you! :)