How Old Are You and What Would Be Your Ideal Job?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Cacian, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Alex W

Alex W New Member

Whether meaning to or not, Cacian was often trolling people or threads in general due to arguing things that she didn't understand yet was determined that her point of view was the correct one. At times it seemed purely through not understanding basic language, which in fairness is diffuclt when it's not your first language, but still......

I'm sure she'll be back, no doubt posting a thread a day oncemore. I've seen people banned for much less on other forums that you would consider more lenient though.

1 person likes this.
  2. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

No one did anything to her when she first showed up here--not even in the first couple weeks; people generally tried to help her out at the start. But, after awhile, people got fed up of her argumentative, I am right, you are wrong attitude towards everything when people tried to help her. She burned her own bridges. It was definitely not a one sided affair.

I am not saying we always conducted ourselves in the most chivalrous of manner (myself included) but it was definitely not just us in the wrong.

Me, I began to ignore her and report all her threads that I thought were superfluous and contributed to nothing instead of getting involved in them. Which I realize now I should have done that from the start instead of acting like a child in some of my responses. So I apologize for that.

But honestly, she is probably just on vacation or something.

3. Heather

Heather New Member

I'm eighteen, and my dream job would be working in the development sector of the United Nations, trying to change the way the world deals with one another so that other countries, such as Africa, have more ability to develop and thrive. I would love to do some more hands on voluntary work also, but I do think it is important to reform from the top as well as the bottom, and I would very much like to be involved in the politics of that.

That, or Prime Minister ;)

4. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

On the topic of Cacian: I tried my best to help her, and introduce her to the forum. I really did try. I don't remember ever mocking her to be honest, but if I did then I'll apologize hands-down.

5. Becca H

Becca H New Member

I am 13 years old and i want to be a designer or writer or artist.... i don't really know but i like artsy stuff.... :) '-'

6. minstrel

minstrel Leader of the Insquirrelgency Supporter Contributor

I've heard others say they want to be "designers". Designers of what? It's a pretty vague and general term.

7. States of Inception

States of Inception New Member

Over 20, aiming to be a concept artist for games.

8. GoldenGhost

GoldenGhost Senior Member

So, do I have any takers, joining me on my voyage in space in search of answers, life, and the mysterious lizard race that has infiltrated our government? That was planted by an alien race thousands upon thousands of years ago, bent on harvesting our souls and enslaving us to do their bidding? I have a substantial amount of lasers and fire power. Nothing more invigorating then pew pew pewing creatures to utter oblivion. Oh and I do have a ship, one of the fastest in the universe, conveniently.

As an after thought, if you are in possession of a time machine, we can discuss the immediate potential for employment aboard my ship. Competitive salary, benefits, 401k and retirement plan are part of the package. I am sorry, I am not sure if I can provide substantial health care, dental care, or any medical care for that matter. The population of employees on my ship is technically non-existent, and we will be pretty far from anything even resembling that of a hospital, but I can dress up as a nurse and play doctor if that sounds like something you would be into. ;)

1 person likes this.
  9. Love_Aud

Love_Aud New Member

I am 18 and my ideal job would be a photojournalist or an author. Or even better both! :)

10. JessWrite

JessWrite Word Nerd & Proud! Contributor

I'm 17 and a half, but only for a few more months. My ideal job would be a Children's author, my dream. :)

11. Berber

Berber Active Member

20-years-old; Ideally I'd like to work with teleplays, starting as a staff writer or copy editor and working my way into a producer position. I'm also considering occupations in both the publishing and advertising industries. And, of course, I would love to find success in my own written works as a novelist and screenwriter

12. Cacian

Cacian Banned

^seconded.

13. Jhunter

Jhunter Mmm, bacon. Contributor

See, I told you she would be back mamma. :D

14. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

and i'm happy to see she is, jh...

15. Cacian

Cacian Banned

what an interesting idea..about the mysterious lizard race, how do you suggest we recognize them?
    I agree that a con race has infiltrated our government but how can you tell a lizard race from another?

That would be a good one..to travel time but 40K is not enough.
    By the way GoldenGhost are you a HE or a SHE?
    You have mentioned dressing up hence me asking.

16. GoldenGhost

GoldenGhost Senior Member

lol I am a male, the reference to dressing up as a nurse was a joke, hopefully emphasized by my gender.

17. Corgz

Corgz New Member

i'm 13-14 and would love to... i have no idea... :|

18. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Haha...sure not a problem.
    So what about this race you were talking about.
    How do you go about tracking them?

19. Cacian

Cacian Banned

Prime Minister is a hefty task.
    Anyone with their right mind would not take on a whole country on their own.

20. pinkgiraffe

pinkgiraffe New Member

I'm 24 and I'm happy with my current job as a copy editor. I'm technically freelance, working from home for an English-language editing service, proofreading and correcting scientific papers. It gives me a lot of freedom in terms of scheduling, which I like. The only downside is that it gets boring at times and I suspect I don't have a lot of job security as I'm not an employee.

I'm happy to either continue with what I'm doing, or earn money through writing (creatively, science articles, or sales copy - whatever I can get), or maybe set up my own online business one day (that's currently a pipe dream as I haven't thought out any ideas yet). I don't really want a 'proper job' that requires me to be at certain places at certain times or be crammed into an office with other people. Basically I just want to retain as much freedom as possible, while still earning enough to survive.

21. Heather

Heather New Member

Guess I must be loosing it a bit then ;)
    In seriousness though, you have a team of cabinet members, civil servants and advisers behind you, and I've always wanted to climb really high in politics, if I want something changing/think I could do a better job, then why not.

22. Lemex

Lemex That's Lord Lemex to you. Contributor

Interesting. How would you describe your politics? I'm curious.

23. Heather

Heather New Member

In a one word, political party sense of 'my politics', Conservative. Not the central Conservatism of the recent years either (debatable I know, what with the cuts), but I definitely take more of a Thatcherite view on my political opinions. I would offer more detail, but I have to run to class, message me if you want to chat politics though :)

24. Cacian

Cacian Banned

trusting people who pretend to be on your side is a hefty task.
    It is well and good to have a cabinet and people pretending to support you but remember as a prime minister the only person you would really trust would be yourself although people with different agendas will try and convince you otherwise.

25. Heather

Heather New Member

Yea, I get that, but then as a Prime Minister I would be attached to a party, and would have to act out the party interests and aims, as previously stated in the manifesto which got me elected in the first place. I don't doubt it would be such a difficult job, but one that I would love to do.