1. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Post Apocalyptia with Global warming as the catalyst?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by RusticOnion, Nov 5, 2011.

So basically the title says it all. I'm thinking of creating a story in which a small amount of humans (Around 64 thousand in the area the story will cover).

As you could guess I need a lot of help, some of the main plot holes that are paining my feeble mind are:

How did they survive?

How long should it be after the ice age?

Could any buildings/Cities possibly survive? New York for instance?

Could anything survive in a manner which differs from how the humans in question survived?

Any help will be immediately followed by copious amounts of love.

2. soital

soital New Member

To be honest, if I were to be writing this I would research it. There are many shows regarding post apocalytic scenarios. Such as The Colony, and many discovery programs on the world after humans. They have many simulations and pictures of what the world may look like, and often the describe outcomes for humans.

3. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Thanks for the advice, but as most research regarding global warming is non-conclusive and the "world after humans" and "Artists impressions" are really just giving us suppositions. I'll definately Check them out but I'd also like to get a wide range of opinions on the topic, it doesn't have to be exactly plausible.

4. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

sorry, but i've got to indulge in some apparently much-needed maternal tough love here...

those aren't mere 'plot holes' you're asking for help with, they're major elements of the plot...

serious fiction writers come up with their own stories... they don't 'write by committee'...

all of your questions can be answered either by doing the requisite research [no one said being a writer would be easy, did they?], or by exercising your own imagination...

you can do it if you really want to...

love and hugs, maia

5. RusticOnion

RusticOnion New Member

Yeah, you're right. Thanks for that.