1. azr9

azr9 New Member

how to continue?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by azr9, Sep 27, 2007.

well right now im trying to write a story of course, i feel that it has just hit a dead end im not quite sure on were to take it, just drop what you may like to see in etc.... and it would be very helpfull!
    story:
    https://www.writingforums.org/blog.php?b=121

again feed back would be great!
    -azr9

2. Weaselword

Weaselword Banned

Rule of thumb: Whenever you aren't sure what to do next in a story, do something nasty to the protagonist. The pressure on the protagonist needs to build and build until the story ends.

3. Funny Bunny

Funny Bunny New Member

I always find it is important to know the beginning, middle and end of a story before you start to write. An outline, even for a small story of a few pages works. Also always go for the smallest amount of words needed, not the largest.

4. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

I think that if you have hit a dead end with this piece sit down and write some possible events that could occur next in the piece. Use a scrap piece of paper and jot some thoughts down for further along in the book.
    If you have some idea of what you have to work towards then you should be able to pick it back up fairly easily.

5. azr9

azr9 New Member

thanks guys,
    i took a break for awhile, but awhile ago i jotted down some ideas that i think would continue the story to its end, as well as ones that i think need to be added to the stuff ive written so far.

-define were this is taking place, possibly a libary. i want it to be something that would explain the man a bit more through the eyes of Cartman, with objects and such, maybe a study. that may be to small of a room though.

-cartman becomes crazy

-during his path down (or up) to crazyness he starts to asks question to the man which he answers, on the things in his room, resulting in some hopefully long and creepy stories.

-cartman never says or acts crazy, but though his thought you can tell he is becoming crazy from the stories the man is telling, like cartman imagines how it would feel to do something the man did etc...

-so at the same time cartman is becoming crazier as the man is explaining how HE got crazier.

-eventually cartman breaks free and kills the man and takes his place as a crazy killer!

again all ideas are welcome