1. simprared

simprared New Member

plot help + gangster escape from cops

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by simprared, Nov 9, 2007.

hi
    actually ive been writing dis gangster novel and i have reached an important part of the story but couldnt move forward
    my hero is actually trapped in a big complex (or apartment) and this building is surrounded by cops (many of them) and he just has very few of his men with him .can anyone give me an idea for my hero to escape from this place

2. tlbyford

tlbyford New Member

Leon's escape in the Professional and Hannibal's escape in Silence of the Lambs are two of the best escape scenes i can think of. "wet" walls like in the Matrix might work. i'm not real fond of elevator shafts, they're a bit overdone in my opinion.
    can your hero fly? ;)

3. tlbyford

tlbyford New Member

maybe he could hold one of his men hostage?

4. Domoviye

Domoviye New Member

Proud Canadian. Currently teaching in Nanjing, Chi
    Sewer access.
    A lot of old buildings have large drains and ways to get into sewers, and storm drains. If this is a building the hero has used for a while, he might have gotten rid of the locks, or shoddy barrier they put over it. If the cops don't know about it, or don't have enough time to cover the sewers, the hero and his men could run out right under their noses.

5. simprared

simprared New Member

thnks a lot guys for ur response ,
    ur ideas will surely help me but actually i was planning something in the lines of plot used in the movie "inside man" so ...