1. missbelief

missbelief New Member

Need help please

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by missbelief, Aug 11, 2008.

I'm writing a book about a girl and an angel that become friends. Not love, just friends. But I don't know how to make her understand who he truly is. I want him not to tell her and play around with her mind so he is not going to tell her. But I don't know who should....

My ideas are having her soon to be step dad John tell her a story about his pass and when he talks about an angel that saves his life it finally clicks in her mind what he truly is.

Or maybe another angel can pop out of nowhere when the girl is with the angel boy and she can be all "ahhh you know this other person with wings! What are you???" *>.>*

and my last idea is she can find a book about angels and the boy will be on the cover so she reads the book and sees that all the information in it fit what the boy is....

or maybe you guys have an idea? I'm new here also so I don't know how this stuff works...

2. Phaiyle

Phaiyle New Member

I'd go with her simply figuring it out on her own. Just drop subtle hints here and there. Like, there together at a restaurant and he has to "go somewhere" really fast, runs out into an alley. She fallows him but when she opens the back door, he's already disappeared. Maybe there are feathers laying on the ground. Little stuff like that.

3. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

If you haven't written out your story so far, that's probably the best first strategy. As you write, you'll have a better idea how the story will work best - certainly better than anyone else.

Likewise, since you have a couple of alternatives already, try writing it each way, and read it back to yourself out loud. See which one works better for you, or if neither one seems good enough.

This is your story, and this sounds like a pretty major decision about its direction to be handing off to anyone else.

4. Rei

Rei Contributor Contributor

Post to come before me are right. If you know the basic story, but aren't sure how exactly it should happen, write the story and the right way will typically reveal itself. And with stories like this, the subtle approve is best, in my opnion. If it's too big and obvious, it wil seem cheesy.

5. CDRW

CDRW Contributor Contributor

One thing you could play around with is to give the angel an inability to lie, even little white lies. That would be very good for setting up hints, and it's logical that an angel wouldn't be able to lie anyways.