1. LiteralKamikaze

LiteralKamikaze New Member

Writing Technique?

Discussion in 'Word Mechanics' started by LiteralKamikaze, Oct 23, 2006.

I'm trying to find out about this writing technique, of which I'm a little confused over. Examples of this technique in use, are things such as:

“Faster than the speed of light,” or “Slower than a turtle.”

Anyone able to help me out here? It'd be much appreciated, I'm trying to use as many techniques as I can in writing on other sites, and the first way I chose to develop my writing ability, is by discovering new techniques. This isn't new for me, because I know how to use it, it's just the name that gets me.

Cheers!

:)

I apologise for posting this in the wrong forum. I looked for a questions forum, but after I posted this, I found the SPAG. Sorry!

andrew smith likes this.
  2. Sapphire

Sapphire New Member

What you have there are similes and metaphor's. There's not really a "specific" name for that type of writing other than that.

If that's not what you're asking, then I apologize, I just wasn't sure if that's what you were meaning.

andrew smith likes this.
  3. LiteralKamikaze

LiteralKamikaze New Member

Yeah, I thought it was one of those. Thanks a bunch! It's used for comparison purposes, so it's either metaphor or simile. I'll look further into it, and try identify it's exact name, if not, I'll just give up.

andrew smith likes this.