1. krobe74037

krobe74037 Member

Hi im new here! and id like some help if it can be offered.

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by krobe74037, Dec 4, 2015.

The book is a steampunk/cyberpunk super hero book called Gaslight.
    working on a comic book project that i want to be pretty directly based on bible stories but not literally?if that makes since. the bible stories will not be brought up in the book but will evident to those who know them. I'm asking for some bible stories and parables to act as origin stories for 4 different characters. I need a fresh set of eyes and brain.

1. a man that had everything taken from him when he was a child. then grew up in poverty and servitude to a rich family. but as he got older he ended up resenting the family and all authority. turns to crim the tip scales and bring riches to the poor. basically he goes about achieving the right thing in a evil way.

2. a orphan 12 year old girl living on the streets. knowing that its wrong but still turning to crime to make ends meet. but being found and taken in by the hero.

3. a woman from a foreign land leaving her abusive father in hopes of a better life but going through hard times before it gets better.

4.a solider in an army that oppressed and enslaved innocent people that has a change of heart and goes rouge and joined the fight for the liberation of the people.

if you can not help please lead me some where that can.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

2. krobe74037

krobe74037 Member

For instance:
    The Parable of the Good Samaritan
    Luke 10:25-37

for my main character by the name of Benedict Turner (Gaslight) is the 3rd person brought to a place called Jasper City in hopes that he could save it. the first person brought was a soldier that just came home from war he just walked out of the other end of the city, the second was a preist that saw Jasper as a wicked and forsaken place an left, and finally Ben. Who saw the need and tries his best.

3. Boger

Boger Senior Member

you got your title and your stories what else do you need because i haven't read the bible. why would you need the bible for when you got your story already, i don't understand be specific what good is this for and what o you want from us

4. krobe74037

krobe74037 Member

What I'm wanting is for all my main characters to have a connection between there origins and a bible story. what I posted was there origins and i was hoping to see if anyone had a bible story to fit them( either directly or loosely). for example the one i gave is his origin to becoming the hero of the story that is connected to the good Samaritan story.

5. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

4 sounds like an obvious Paul. 2 could be the adulteresses and prostitutes as metaphor that Jesus redeems from judgment. 1 could reinforce the story of Joseph if you somehow make it obvious that not following Joseph's example leads to destruction. 3 might be in the OT, but you might have to modify it, not that anything in particular is jumping out at me.

krobe74037 likes this.
  6. krobe74037

krobe74037 Member

thank you so much! id love some particulars and scriptural stations if any come to mind

7. BrianIff

BrianIff I'm so piano, a bad punctuator. Contributor

Not off hand, sorry. Somewhere in Acts for Paul. Gospels for 2. Not sure what book is Joseph.

8. krobe74037

krobe74037 Member

thank you for you insight and help! ill look into them. any other members insight is welcomed!