1. wild@heart666

wild@heart666 New Member

HELP!!! for writing story

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by wild@heart666, Feb 18, 2007.

ok so iv had this idea that actually came from a dream, most of my ideas do i have mental graphic dreams, anyway...

So this kinda loser guy falls asleep infront of the t.v one day then wakes up and has this urge to go sumwhere hes not sure why but he knows where to go.(we find out l8r this is due to subliminal mssaging the later mentioned company have put out in radios, t.vs etc)

he ends up at this cinical looking building in a queue about 2miles long full with every type of person children, young people, old etc...

They r searched b4 they go inside by security then machine and when inside seperated(by age and gender) into bright white rooms with faded pink bloodstains up the wall and on the floor.

Anyway what it is is like a huge company trying to rid the world of weaklings, they will slowly put each person in each room, of gender and age against each other in extreme physical tests until one of them dies, whoever is left at the end is the winner (in each room).

I find this really hard to start writing, and its prob a crap idea and only seems vivid to me coz i dreamt it!

please let me know!

ta!

2. Isis

Isis New Member

Basically anything can be a good story if it's written well, and the details are original and the characters are engaging. It sounds like a really intriguingly frightful idea, and I'd be interested in it.

Really getting inside this guy's head [or whoever the main character turns out to be] is important. What motivates him? What might he be afraid of? What impulses and responsibilities does he feel he has?

3. TWErvin2

TWErvin2 Contributor Contributor

Rid the world of losers--maybe starting one country or city at a time, but as said before by Isis, any idea is workable if you include interesting characters, good plot development, etc.

Just one more opinion.

Terry

4. Remoah

Remoah New Member

That sounds really sadistic and cool, it's a great idea, just wait for Christopher Paolini to steal it.

5. Blue

Blue New Member

I love that idea!! Don't ever call that idea crap or i shall shoot my feet twice.... then compete in one of those rooms ^.^

I LOVE IT!

6. Robert

Robert Banned

You need to give us some reason to care about this guy, so okay, make him a loser if you must, but make him a loser we can sympathise with. Also, it sounds as though for much of the story this guy is going to be relatively passive, following these subliminal messages. To make it interesting you need to give the guy some motivation for his actions, and do let him play an active role in his actions otherwise it's likely to be dull. Ideally, he has to overcome what's happening to him through his own actions.

Cheers,
    Rob

7. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Also, what is the motivation behind the organization? Why is it necessary to have the strongest? Good antagonists are just as important.

8. wild@heart666

wild@heart666 New Member

thanks guys i really appreciate the ideas, iv been writing so ill hopefully have the first part up soon. oh any more ideas are appreciated too ;oD

Thanks xxx

9. zerobytes

zerobytes New Member

Can't wait to read it! I'm just going to echo what the other people have said. Make sure we relate to the character and that the quality of the writing makes it a good story.

zb

10. WhispWillow

WhispWillow New Member

Give the story a backbone first. Don't just have him on the couch all of a sudden then falls asleep etc. otherwise people will be like "what the hell" What I am trying to say is don't plunge into the story just yet, build up to it

GL sounds worth reading :)

11. Brazen

Brazen New Member

And make sure to make the characters believable. Just saying.

That's a nice idea though. If well written it can be pretty freaky.

12. Bob who is nutts

Bob who is nutts New Member

HELP BOB!!! i have a story that so far is REALY great and it is important that i finnish it before the end of May. the only problem is that i have no plot. at all. all i have so far is a few characters, setting and vague idea of what it's going to be like. i have no real plot and i need help from people who actualy have brains.

it's about freemasons (the one subject about which i am knowlegeable) and if you think you can help please visit me here.

13. holdwine

holdwine New Member

Hey, Don't try and make it into a "regular" story. Your guy CAN just wake up out of nowhere and start going places, and your antagonist CAN be a faceless evil corporation. This is an eerie story in a kafkanian way. So if you have to subvert some rules, that's the right time.
    My opinion.

14. WriterOfTheDead

WriterOfTheDead New Member

Sounds awesome.
    Just a suggestion though maybe we should get to know him before he falls asleep in front of the TV. Just a thought although it could work without that too. Like, you get to know him through the story. Sounds good that way too.

Can't wait until you have the first part up ... (or maybe you already do?) :)