1. Skaruts

Skaruts Member

A crossdresser in an editor's office...

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Skaruts, May 21, 2016.

I'm having a bit of a hard time creating a believable scene where the female character is at an editor's office (assuming editors work in offices), and is about to reveal that She is in fact a He.

My character is a transformist (aka crossdresser) who has gone out for the first time into the wilderness outside his apartment, in London (not sure where). He does manage to pass as a female in most respects, at least to the unsuspecting eye. The female 'character' is seen by him as an alter-ego, and She writes a different genre of literature.

Now, She wants to release books in her name. I suppose this would work in very much the same way as any writer wanting to write under a pseudonym, but since I, myself, never published anything, I don't know the details on what paperwork that would require (all signatures in his real name, I suppose), and how simple or complicated it is to achieve and manage.

Essentially every scene for this character is like an adventure in itself. But since I don't know anything about editors/publishers, I'm kind of lost in this one. May have to ditch the thing altogether... Or skim through it.