1. pirate1802

pirate1802 Member

This one says hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pirate1802, May 25, 2014.

Hello all, another newbie here. I read books of all kinds, fiction and non-fiction but only recently I thought Hey! Lets write! So I found my way here. I'm mostly keen on learning the art of presenting your story to the reader in a manner that doesn't induce him to throw your book across the room. I have some interesting story ideas in my head, but I don't think I'm skilled enough yet to write them down. When I do write them and read them, I find they are lacking.. for want of a better word.. colour. They seem boring and bland when I re-read them. Perhaps it has to do with me not being experienced enough, or maybe because I'm not a native Englisher. So the flow of sentences that may come naturally to someone else doesn't come for me. Either way, I'm here to watch and learn. Nice to meet you all!

W.Anders likes this.
  2. obsidian_cicatrix

obsidian_cicatrix I ink, therefore I am. Contributor

Good to have you here. There's lots of inspiration to had. Pull up a chair and make yourself comfortable. ;)

3. pirate1802

pirate1802 Member

Thanks. :D *pulls up a chair and lights a cigar*

4. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum. :)

Please have a quick read through the New Member Quick Start where you'll find link to the Forum Rules, and the FAQ.

Have fun! :D

Wrey

5. bobbi

bobbi New Member

If your writing is anything like your introductory paragraph, then Katie bar the door. Looking forward to your writings. :)

6. W.Anders

W.Anders New Member

As a new member myself I'm sure I'll be seeing you around the forums! Looking forward to hearing about some of the ideas you have floating around.