1. Ravigyne

Ravigyne New Member

Hello all *bows*

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Ravigyne, Aug 1, 2007.

I am a hopeful new writer. I love to write fantasy, though I have been known to dabble in Science Fiction on rare occasions. And on an even more rare occasion Realistic/Historical fiction. Most of my writing could be classified as "for mature readers only". Though not heavily sexual, or with heavy abuse of the human language, they can get quite graphic and intense. Though I will not say that there are no sexual themes, or even foul language, I will say that none of it is used out of context and out of a character's speech, or behavioral patterns. I very firmly believe that a character or a story cannot relate to people in this day and age without a smattering of language, sexual reference, and violence. None of my writing revolves around these things, but they are there from time to time, and only i it is absolutely necessary. That being said all I can really say is please enjoy my work, and feel free to give me pointers, as my eventual goal is to write a novel and become one of the elite among the published writers in the world.

2. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Welcome to the best writing forum on the web. You'll need to give two critiques in 'The Review Room' section before you can hit us with that mature content. Also, make sure you format your stories correctly, copying and pasting will clear paragraph spacing.

3. Charisma

Charisma Transposon Contributor

Welcome to writing forums! I agree, gore and violence are difficult to avoid but they are some very easy techniques to avoid those scenes being so intensely described. It's up to you, however. Enjoy your stay and if you need help, you may ask for it.

4. luke_mushu_2010

luke_mushu_2010 New Member

Hello! Welcome to the Writing Forums!;)

5. Budhabee

Budhabee New Member

Hello Rav,
    I am new here too. Welcome to the forum from another newbie. I have not posted a story yet. But since I have been here perusing the site I sure have gotten a lot of good information on writing just by reading for awhile.

6. Kit

Kit Contributor Contributor

Hey there! Welcome to the forums, if you have any questions then feel free to ask by either posting or you can PM me and I hope you enjoy your stay here and find what you're looking for :)

I too tend to write "graphic" stories - I choose not to post them here at the moment, though there is no reason not to - so I understand what you're saying and the rules state:

Swearing is allowed when used conservatively and not directed at any member.

and

Pieces may not contain graphic descriptions of rape or incest. Erotica writing is also not permitted.

and

Language and violence are permitted as long as they are not used excessively.

I hope that helps you.

7. Ravigyne

Ravigyne New Member

*smiles* thanks all

Thank you all for your support. I have posted a story already, and forgive the shortness and vagueness of it. Due to my wanting to stay within a "safty net" so to speak I left quite a bit out of the piece. If you are interested in seeing the whole piece just PM me or shoot an e-mail my way and I will accomodate you.

8. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

heya hi hello and yeha welcome to wf.org

I hope you are finding the place warm and cozy and by the way the black velvet recliner is mine so stay out of it. Also the pink fluffy one is Cogito's and he is very protective over it too.....icky colour really so I don't get it.

Well anyways chuck a piece of wood on the fire, pull up a chair any enjoy the reading.

Torana

9. Gannon

Gannon Contributor Contributor

Belated welcomes from me - any questions let me know!

10. pyrox91992

pyrox91992 New Member

welcome welcome welcome lol

hope to c u around the forum
    au revoir

11. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Hello Ravigyne, Welcome to the Writing Forums.

If you haven't explored the site yet, You should probably do so soon. Newcomers often gravitate to the Lounge, the Word Games, or the Review Room, but there is much more to be discovered if you poke in the corners.

Enjoy your stay here, and have fun!

12. Raven

Raven Banned

Welcome to writing Forums. I certainly hope you stick around

~Raven.