1. shepnic

shepnic New Member

Hi there

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by shepnic, Aug 8, 2013.

Just a quick one to say hi. I'm a budding screen writer with tonnes of ideas but little experience in formulating those ideas into a script.

However, after procrastinating for many. many years, I have completed by first pilot episode. I hope that I can learn from everyone here to refine my work and then pay forward anything that I have learned along the way.

Let's go!

GingerCoffee likes this.
  2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum, Shepnic. :)

Please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start. Then take a leisurely stroll through the different areas of the forum to get your bearings. Once you have a good idea where everything is, come and say hello in the Lounge or have a look at the items already up for review in the Workshop

Please remember that as a full participation workshop. You are required to give two (2) constructive reviews of posted items prior to posting your own work. Thereafter, two reviews for every post of your own work is the expected standard. Remember that two is only a minimum.

Why do we have this requirement? Because we have a very different philosophy here than you will find in most other forums. We are not a refrigerator door to pin up work with a colorful magnet for all the world to see. Our forum is not about getting reviewed. It’s about giving reviews and in the process improving your own writing.

Have fun! :D

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

welcome aboard!

i hope you're in the UK, because in the US, it's nigh unto impossible to submit a proposed new tv show to networks/producers... you'd have to have a good track record as a screenwriter and an agent with good connections in the industry...

do you have a complete proposal, including the 'bible' and sample episodes, etc., or just the pilot script?...

i mentor many aspiring tv and film screenwriters, so if you need any help or advice, i'm always just a mouse-click away...

love and welcoming hugs, maia
    maia3maia@hotmail.com

4. shepnic

shepnic New Member

Hi. Yes, I am in the UK. I also have a few contacts with gateways into the industry here, but I don't want to use them until I have something amazing to hand over.

An idea for a script is like telling someone the idea for a painting. The proof of your worth is in the painting itself. Otherwise I could just say "Hey, I've got a great idea for a painting. It's a woman sitting down who smiles."

I have completed the first pilot episode and I have also defined my A Plot, B plot and C plot. Finally I have recently created the outline for every remaining episode in the first series (eight episodes) and started on the second series. Just so I can weave in certain elements now that will get people going "Ah yeah, he did that in the second episode."

All sounds good to me, but I'm a long, long way from anything........... :(

5. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

best of luck with it!