1. Mystovation

Mystovation New Member

Alright Here I Go

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mystovation, Apr 26, 2014.

I am a sixteen year old high school student who has been very interested in writing ever since the beginning of middle school. I can safely say that English is my most potent subject among academic courses. Though I hate writing for other people, on subjects and concerns not of my own such as SAT essays and argument essays, I find great pleasure in being able to write for myself. Ever since I started watching cartoons on television such as Teen Titans, Ben 10, Spongebob, and Adventure Time I have established a puissant interest in writing. It was actually not until later that I had developed an allure for reading. Though watching tv is still a more dominant part, reading has now become something of a normal hobby of mine as of recent.

I began writing in the eighth grade, writing a very amateur and mediocre story about a man trapped in a mysterious building and his psychological troubles throughout his exploration for an exit. Though I tried, it had never given me a satisfaction that I needed. I personally believe that I have intriguing ideas and stories to proffer unto readers. Yet one of the prodigious impediments is my presentation of the story. As the ideas float around in my head, they seem brilliant, but as they become words on a screen, the story is nothing above second rate. Which is one of the many reasons I have come to this forum and I would greatly appreciate any help.

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Contributor

Hi Mystovation, and welcome!

Well, this forum is chock-full of information and other writers willing to help you and learn with you :) You will also be able to post your own work for critique (after meeting the requirements which can be found in the Rules section) and get opinions from others on your writing.

Without further ado, please have a look through the Forum Rules, and the FAQ as a start.

And have fun!

-Kat

3. AndyC

AndyC Member

Hi Mystovation, and welcome to the forums!

If it helps, I've finished a novel around 85k words long and I totally hate it. But I learned a lot from it, basically what not to do :p
    There isn't a lot of science in it. I recommend that you write/read a lot. You're surely going to reach a point when you feel comfortable when your writing :)

Hope you have a great time here!

4. Mystovation

Mystovation New Member

Thank you guys for your help!