1. Kate090894

Kate090894 New Member

Hullo!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kate090894, Sep 25, 2016.

Hi guys,

Finally managed to find a forum where I can post....

I've been writing since before I can remember. I stared with fan-fiction (as I suppose many people do) and moved on from there to develop my own stories and my own characters, using role-play and writing in equal measure to play out stories. I've got two broad and distinct worlds, one suitably modern - with all the trials and tribulations that comes with - and the other set in British high society from approximately 1800 t0 1930. I know that most people turn their noses up at historical writing, but as a graduate in Modern History and a general history buff, I like to think my ideas and characters offer a more complex narrative than the typical 'bodice-ripper.'

I've been out of the writing side of things for a long time, and have mainly used role-play to develop my characters and ideas, but I hope now that I'll be able to branch out again and get back to doing what I love.

Just a short lil' introduction to say hello and I hope you'll have me!

Kate :)

2. I.A. By the Barn

I.A. By the Barn A very lost time traveller Contributor

Hummmm, 1800 to 1930 you say? Shall we have her? Didn't you hear? she said 1800 to 1930!!!!
    I love historical fiction, especially the time periods you've said. Is it one long story or several from the same universe? (It is quite a long stretch of time)
    Anyway, welcome and have fun!

3. Kate090894

Kate090894 New Member

It's several separate stories and storylines all surrounding the same families (through different generations obviously!) throughout the time period :D

I.A. By the Barn likes this.
  4. karldots92

karldots92 Active Member

Welcome to the forum! I quite enjoy historical fiction and yours sounds interesting.