1. Fransieska

Fransieska New Member

3 Part Novel

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Fransieska, Jun 13, 2009.

Hello I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this, I am thinking about writing a novel and am visioning it in three parts. Not a trilogy - comprising of three books, but three parts comprising one story. My protagonist's timezone will alter in these three sub-stories and things she does in these different periods affect her real life. The novel will concentrate on a time period of roughly three months. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

2. Maroon

Maroon Active Member

Be bold!

Take your concept and get it written.

Fact is, a fabulous concept will fall flat on its face if it's poorly written. Conversely, a boring concept may very well get published if the writing is vibrant and engaging.

Once you write it, we'll be in a better position to offer you our opinions.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

it's done all the time... most often with saga-type novels, but works just as well in any novel that incorporates distinctly different time frames, or is told from more than one pov, or any of the many other reasons novelists have chosen that sort of division...

4. Anir

Anir New Member

In a place where the forces of space and time have
    I've been thinking of doing the same thing with one of my concepts, because I want my character to do all these things, but not to do them over a course of books. I really got the idea because I read a lot of Brian Jacques, and he does that with almost all of his books, where they are in three different sections.

5. dailycrumb

dailycrumb New Member

i agree here. i am not sure how it relates to your question but i have read some works that i have been pulled to. Those page turners.
    Then when finished i realised that the story was bland and i was not sure what exactly had kept me reading.