1. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

I am a forum junkie.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wreybies, Aug 11, 2009.

Me ~ "My name is Wrey, and I am a forum junkie"

My 12 step group ~ "Hi Wrey!"

I am sitting in front of not one, but two laptops at the moment, each with a number of tabs open on their respective browsers. I have no less than four (4) different forums, including this one, running at the moment.

Oh, and I am at work.

I have this forum, which is pretty much my home, I have another writing forum which is dedicated to a very different kind of writing, I have a Spanish forum that I go to to ask for help with the more technical aspects of the language, and I have a forum dedicated to the owners of a particular brand of little cell phone from China.*

Junkie. What other word is there, if I am to be honest?

Any other junkies? :redface:

*CECT or MingXing. Feel free to chat me up if you own one of these phone. :D

2. Rumpole40k

Rumpole40k Banned

Hi Wrey, I'm Rumpole.

It started small .... just a few posts here and there. Now *cue theatrical sob* I have spent entire DAYS posting in this forum!!

lol You aren't alone.

3. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

Well, I am a junkie to the lounge, if that applies. :D

4. yellowm&M

yellowm&M Contributor Contributor

me too!

5. Speedy

Speedy Contributor Contributor

Let me just say, while i was away i learnt how to write around 3,000-5,000 words a day on average. I was on a role.....but i came back here knowing the consequence..... Its a big risk to the role on on

But this place is pretty sweet. So call me a forum junkie.

6. DownUnder

DownUnder New Member

My post count belies the fact that I spend a lot of time on this forum... just browsing and the like. Count me in too :p.

7. Mercurial

Mercurial Contributor Contributor

Hahah. :D

This is the only forum I frequent with any regularity, so I guess you could call me a writingforums.org junkie, but not really a forum junkie. But I wont lie --I am a member of six or seven forums. This one, one for Japanese fashions, one for the only computer game I play, one for medicines, one for college help, one for a band, and a LiveJournal which is sort of like a forum.
    I guess that's six.

I find it helpful and fun; I'm a member of these forums because they represent my interests and further another interest --research. :D I figure if I'm interested in something, then I should know as much as I can about it and network with others who share the same passions. :)

8. Xeno

Xeno Mad and Bitey Contributor

*is immediately interested*

Ooh, what game?

9. Mercurial

Nancy Drew mystery games for PC.

I've been playing them ever since I was seven years old, and I was given one of the games for Christmas. The company comes out with a new game about once a year.
    I'm on the site with a lot of preteens (at least, they seem like preteens from the way they construct their sentences), but it really helps to solve the game when you get stuck. :D

10. yellowm&M

I've always wanted to play one of those, they look really fun

11. bluebell80

bluebell80 New Member

My name is bluebell and I am an internet junkie. I have one forum for jewelry making, this writing forum (though i am a member of several others, none of them as lively as this one) and facebook. I almost always have at least one internet page running at all times, except when I am not home, and then I have a cell with internet on it too. I couldn't imagine being without the internet. Everything I want to know is right there within a ten second search time. Who could ask for anything more.

I consider myself search engine savvy. Most people I know haven't a clue how to look up information, especially something a little harder to research...I can find it in a matter of five minutes.

I'm on this forum the most for out of other writing forums because there are a lot of people who are active. Other forums I've joined haven't had a posting in a month, so I don't frequent them as often.

So yeah, confessions of an internet junkie, that's me.

12. Mercurial

They are! :) You should get one; the older games arent that expensive; I think you can get one of them for $10. I would get "Message in a Haunted Mansion" and / or "Danger on Deception Island." Those two are my favourites, although "Danger by Design" is good too, but I like that one for it's theme, not necessarily the quality of the product overall.

I'm such a dork over this stuff. Nancy Drew holds a special place in my heart. I grew up reading her books and playing her games. Yay!

PS: But if you join the forum, be prepared... They're much more heavily moderated and not so nice there, which is why I rarely log on. I understand, because kids as young as six log on for hints to solve the game, but they are incredibly strict about what you post and how you post it. :rolleyes:

13. yellowm&M

I'll have to try them :D

yeah I get the Nancy Drew thing, I grew up reading them, and too this day i check out a couple every summer to read despite the fact that I passed that reading level years ago

thanks for the heads up by the way :)

14. Agreen

Agreen Faceless Man Contributor

There are only two forums I visit regularly- this and the forum of a comedy site, but I suppose the time I spend on both of them is enough to make me a junkie. I'll also visit Sherdog for MMA news, but their forums are a wasteland.

I'm curious Merc, which band website? I sometimes read but don't post at Ayreon's board and Mike Portnoy's.

15. Mercurial

atb-music.com

ATB is one of the best DJs out there, I feel. :) I havent been on the forum in aaaages though, since the web site went under it's first transformation. (It's on version... four or five now.) I didnt like it much --it's not set up the way this one is, and most of the people on there only speak their own language. There are threads dedicated to Romanians, Germans, Poles, only, etc. Most of the kids create their own demos, and, uh... I dont know how to make electric music. :p

I'm thinking about signing up to C&C's forum though. Looks pretty active, and the kids seem nice enough.

16. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

I just like communicating online as opposed to face to face, also I tend to find people who have common interests here, not so much IRL.

Edit: Or perhaps I am just an attention-whore, not enough people IRL to steal attention from so I go online where there are more people!!! :D :D :D

17. Speedy

I find most people are annoying in real life. Like really bloody rude and selfish. Its no wonder why most people have found online life so appealing.

I mean i can spend 20 minutes shopping (real life) and have 20 people piss me off. I dont get that online.

18. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

True, true.

19. Speedy

Sorry for the double. The only place i cherrish in real life is Concerts. Metal concerts. Its not that i feel at home, but the attmoshpere i get from those places feels more real. I really can't explain it. Its the vibe. A good one. This why i have been to so many hundreds of concerts.

20. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

It's loud and there's people everywhere, really not my kind of place, lol.

21. Mercurial

Agreed.

But I thought that was because of where I lived. You're telling me everyone is stuck up and annoying all over the planet?! :eek:

22. Speedy

Yeah, but when you go to a metal concert, its not like a pop concert. Everyone is one. Nobody is different, nobody is this or that. Your all one (kinda what i think it would be like to be in the army).

I go and vent my anger (in a good way) jump, get sweating, jump all over peope. Its great. Plus you fall down and there is always 20 people giving you a hand up.

You just dont get that crap anywhere else it feels. Just raw emotions flowing with another few thausand people feeling the same way (Sure you get oone creep, but every place is like that).

But i understand there are people who just cant stand placed packed with people in general.

Rudeness, if untreated for some time becomes a disease, and i dont know about you, but its spreading all around us.

23. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

I can't jump or anything like that, perhaps if I'm drunk I would. Lol. Perhaps I don't like the idea of truly having fun? I don't know.

24. Mercurial

I am "not allowed" to go to metal concerts yet. (I am seventeen, by the way.)
    Because I am female, and also because the only venue worth stopping at is known for its high crime rate.

I've been dying to go to a really, really good one though. I was going to go to the Metallica concert this September, but we lost the tickets online. :(

25. Ragnar

Ragnar Member

Haha, I'm 18 :p Nananana Nananananana
    lol.