Tags:
  1. Laeta

Laeta New Member

I am here to practice typing and exploring my long lost hobby

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Laeta, Jan 5, 2015.

I am a 25 year old that until recently typed with two fingers. I could almost do that blind, which I personally think is actually quite impressive. After an amazing time living in Melbourne for half a year, I am now back in the cold dark winter of the Netherlands and I fear that during my travels I basically unlearned to amuse myself. So now I am here, typing excruciatingly slow, introducing myself on a writing forum. Why you ask? Well, there is a list:

1) The voice of the electronic typing course lady is starting to annoy me.
    2) I love writing, but I only do it when I have a stimulus (a competition, a student paper to write for). That's a pity and I want to do it more.
    3) I need a new hobby, especially one for boring evenings.
    4) Perhaps it will give an outlet for when I start working. I got my dream job as a starting medical doctor in a psychiatric hospital, but from my internships I know it can be quite stressful. Writing as a coping style doesn't sound to bad, especially considering I can prescribe my own medicine.
    5) Practicing my English skills, not letting my time abroad go to waste.

I am looking forward to the reading, writing and all that jazz :)

Lotte

2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Staff Supporter Contributor

Hey, Laeta, and welcome!

You say you usually need a stimulus to get started with writing? Maybe you should check out the forum's bi-weekly competitions, then (check out the links in my signature). You will always find something new there. ;)
    And good luck with the typing! I myself learned to type fast (in what's most likely not the best, if even a good, way) while programming, though writing more should do the trick. Just allow all of your fingers to join in the game. :p

3. Laeta

Laeta New Member

Thanks :) The competitions sound great, definitely going to check it out. I basically started writing because of forum writing competitions, so it should work again.

My pinkies still refuse to work with me, but I will try to get them into order. I think writing will work better then programming for me, it already took me ages to understand linux and write tiny matlab scripts :p

Komposten likes this.
  4. Gigi_GNR

Gigi_GNR Guys, come on. WAFFLE-O. Contributor

Welcome to the forums.