1. GabyHanna78

GabyHanna78 New Member

I am new! :) hello everyone!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by GabyHanna78, Sep 4, 2015.

I just wanted to quickly introduce myself. I am a brand new member and I am currently developing a couple of writing projects. I am hoping to find some support and inspiration in this Forum. In particular I am interested in connecting with anyone who is writing in English and although fluent, where English is a second Language. I feel that sometimes I need reassurance over certain idioms, sentence structure etc. If anyone is in the same position please do get in touch :)

2. KaTrian

KaTrian A foolish little beast. Staff Supporter Contributor

Welcome to the forum! :)

What kind of stories are you planning to write? I'm an English as a Foreign Language speaker (EFL), but I prefer to write fiction in English. It's quite challenging, but practice makes perfect, I hope. :)

Here's our New Member Quick Start to get you started.

See you around!

-Kat

3. GabyHanna78

GabyHanna78 New Member

Hi Kat thank you so much. I have been writing short stories, mainly contemporary romantic fiction. But I feel that sometimes my sentences feel a bit too forced or too much "translated" rather than natural (I hope it makes sense). At the same time I can't write anything at all in my own native language, which makes even less sense I know :). Reading lots and, as you suggested, practice is helping though. See you! GabyH