1. Wickedstorm

Wickedstorm New Member

I am new here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Wickedstorm, Nov 15, 2012.

Hello everyone. I am Wicked Storm. I am a writer. LOL. Actually I do a lot of writing just not much of it ever gets beyond things I read to myself. I working towards improving the quality of my work in general and am reading lots of materials from other works of fictions to handbooks on creative writing to seeking out forums such as this. I write in many Genre's, enjoy free form poetry though I would like to learn some of the other styles of poetry in general. I wrote a pretty good bio on here so feel free to read that. I pretty open to being asked questions in general and answer honestly so more then willing to field questions to make my introduction more detailed lol. Ummmm. I am currently working on some conceptualization notes for a story I am going to write. Taking a page out of the book of a few of my friends on thinking your process out and writing it down so you don't forget. Other then that just looking to take my art form and writing skill to the next level and looking to meet like minded people to talk to, learn from and go from there.

I live in New Orleans, LA. I have lived in London, Florida, New Mexico, California, Oregon, and a few other places.

2. Banzai

Banzai One-time Mod, but on the road to recovery Contributor

Welcome to Writing Forums, Wickedstorm!

I hope you find what you're looking for here, whatever your interests in writing.

This forum aims to provide the best workshopping resources on the internet, and to that end we have a few rules which you should familiarise yourself with before you get stuck in. The main section of the site is the Writing Workshop, where members can post their writing in order to receive critique of their work.

However, before we allow members to post their work, they must have met some basic requirements. Firstly, you must have been a member for fourteen days, and have made twenty posts on the forum overall (please note, posts in Word Games do not count towards this). This is so that members, when they post their work, have familiarised themselves with the forums and contributed to them (as well as hopefully learned something for themselves). Secondly, members must provide two constructive reviews of other people's work for each piece of their own that they wish to post. This is because we believe that the focus of workshopping should be equally upon giving reviews as receiving them, as they allow a writer to practice and improve their editing skills, which they can then apply to their own writing.

Beyond the Writing Workshop, you will find that we have extensive forums for discussion of aspects of writing, as well as a community area for general discussion. We also run periodic short story and poetry contests, which are good for challenging yourself and expanding your skills.

If you have any questions or problems, then the moderators (myself, Cogito, Lemex and Dante Dases) should be your first port of call. Any technical problems with the site itself should be directed to Daniel, the site administrator and owner. I would recommend you have a look over the rules so that you know what to expect, and what is expected. But aside from that, I hope you enjoy your time here.

Banzai

3. peachalulu

peachalulu Member Reviewer Contributor

Hey, Storm welcome to the group!

4. Wickedstorm

Wickedstorm New Member

Thank you Peachalulu :-D

5. geniegirl027

geniegirl027 New Member

Hey Wickedstorm,
    Nice to meet you. Am looking forward to working with you and possibly getting to know you. I am sure we will run into each other in one forum or another. Including this one haha. If you need a friend or anything you can message me. =)
    -geniegirl027

6. Wickedstorm

Wickedstorm New Member

Thanks Geniegirl027. I am always looking for people to work with, bounce ideas off and just in general get to know. Though I don't use MSN I am a Yahoo or Skype girl lol. :-D

7. geniegirl027

geniegirl027 New Member

Wickedstorm,
    I have both of those too! lol yahoo is the same as my MSN.

8. Wickedstorm

Wickedstorm New Member

Awesome, I tend to have my skype on more then anything else. :-D