I C E

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Raven, Oct 17, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sprb_skrbblz

sprb_skrbblz Active Member

The leader of the whole thing was in the truck with Arthur. Captain Hawke, who hadn't known about this guy? The man who needs no introduction was riding in the same truck as the lowly Artie. Are they sure they got that right? Now was definitely not the time to argue if he deserved it.

He sat behind the driver, an Orlock. Nuff said. These guys are stupendous behind the wheel. They haven't met a fine truck they were unable to manage. And this particular guy really looked to be on the ball. And what a nice smile, he must be a skirt chaser. Artie nodded to himself after that thought.

And directly next to him was his idol, a Ghost. Artie observed him tending to his weaponry. He had a certain precision. Everything about the gentleman looked thorough. He took a shot and ranted about getting the mission started. What a rush! Arthur always dreamed of being a ghost. Fat chance of that, but now he say he rode with one, assuming he makes it out alive. After Artie takes another look at the three men in his truck, he quickly realizes that's a high possibility.He smiled and spoke to the team.

"Fellas, I just want you to know it's a pleasure to be riding with you all. I'm Arthur Ackenloe." His smile faded and his head sunk. "I'll be your mechanic on this mission."

2. Raven

Raven Banned

"Fellas, I just want you to know it's a pleasure to be riding with you all. I'm Arthur Ackenloe." Artie said introducing himself.

"I'll be your mechanic on this mission." He added.

Hawke blew smoke across the cockpit and looked back at Artie.

“Great.” Hawke said in a stone cold tone. He looked back at gaston and then to David.

“Move us out will you.” Hawke said.

3. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"Fellas, I just want you to know it's a pleasure to be riding with you all. I'm Arthur Ackenloe." His smile faded and his head sunk. "I'll be your mechanic on this mission."

"It's a pleasure, Arthur," Gaston said and held out his hand. "I'm Alec Gaston." He stopped and a grin crept upon his face, recalling Arthur's earlier conversation. "Guess we're the disposable soldiers, eh?"

4. Thanos

Thanos New Member

I stretched and and looked around as my team was ready to go. The Roughneck seemed to smile a bit then not as he sorted of eyed all of us. "Hey Artie, The name is David, Nice ta meet ya my man," I said with a big smile. I grabbed the radio and just as I was about to yell at the driver's again they all flashed their head lights to show they were ready to go. "ALRIGHT LET'S ROLL OUT," I yelled into the radio as I revved the engine then put it into gear and head out to take back what is rightfully ours.

5. Foxee

Foxee Contributor Contributor

((Raven said it was ok to NPC Gask so I'm going to bring him in.))

“Either of you know who we’re missing? I don’t particularly want to leave someone behind already.”

Just as Sadie said it, the door jerked open with a puff of snowflakes and a blonde Orlock poked his head in, almost colliding with Sadie's head.

"You're in my seat." He said matter-of-factly and with no doubt as to who was to do the driving here.

"Where have you been?" Mika challenged him as he took Sadie's place at the wheel.

"Hadda see a man about a dog." Gask said and whomped the engine, checking over the dials and gauges.

6. sprb_skrbblz

"It's a pleasure, Arthur," Gaston said and held out his hand. "I'm Alec Gaston." He stopped and a grin crept upon his face, recalling Arthur's earlier conversation. "Guess we're the disposable soldiers, eh?"

Damn, he heard that. Artie was really going to have to pay attention to his surroundings. He was embarrassed about what he said. He certainly didn't mean to imply that one of the Ghosts would kick the bucket. He shook Alec's hand with a nervous smile.

"Hardly, Mr Gaston, sir. Please forgive me for saying that, but the way my luck's been going, I figured I'd see my dying day pretty soon. But now that I'm in the company of you fine folks, I like my chances better by the second."

7. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"Hardly, Mr Gaston, sir. Please forgive me for saying that, but the way my luck's been going, I figured I'd see my dying day pretty soon. But now that I'm in the company of you fine folks, I like my chances better by the second."

"Call me Alec, mate," Gaston responded and grinned. "I think it's safe to say we're all glad you're here, can't anybody care for the truck better than you, I suspect, and for that, it's our chances of survival that have increased."

8. Emerald

Emerald New Member

As the engine sputtered to life, Omar was jerked awake.
    "Are we there yet...?" he asked groggily. Cold blasted across his exposed head as the hatch door ground open. An Orlock stepped in, taking his place at the wheel.

"Alrighty, let's get this suicide train moving..."
    The Valium was starting to turn Omar's foul mood into more one of wry bemusement.

9. Thanos

Thanos New Member

As I drove a bit I noticed my compass said I was heading east. "Aren't I supposed to be headin' south ta Cornwall," I questioned myself. I thought back to the map I had to memorize and it hit me. I am supposed to goin' south. I hit the break then slam on the hammer. I turn the wheel until my truck is headed south. The truck lifted up a bit but I held it down as I grinded my teeth in a big smile. "Sorry bout that guys I didn't mean to head in the wrong direction," I said laughing now heading south to Cornwall.

10. Raven

Raven Banned

Again Thunder crackles in the distance and the dark grey clouds gather. the Wind picks up and the snow begins to fall again forcing the Drivers to put their head lights on full beam.

11. sprb_skrbblz

Artie nodded at the Ghost. What a guy. A consummate professional. He was indeed being generous to Arthur, but that boost of encouragement will be just what he needs to perform at his best. They must have excellent mental training to compliment the physical training. He smiles much easier now and minds his manners.

"Thank you for the kind words... Alec. I won't let you guys down."

He's trying dearly to hold back his excitement. He was just told it was alright to call a Ghost by his first name. How cool is that? He would have one helluva story to tell the wife and kids when he gets home.

The wife and kids. As crazy as his wife was, he couldn't wait to return home and tell her that he had done something decent for a change. When he explained to her where he was going, she shrugged it off. "Have fun" she said. Maybe there's something to that. Perhaps Artie will take his darling wife's advice. He kicks back and breathes a sigh of relief.

12. Raven

Raven Banned

"Looks like that storm is going to hit us head on." Hawke says stubbing out his cigar on the ash trays edge.

He looked back at the Ghost.

"Can you scout in this if need be." He asked.

13. Foxee

"Alrighty, let's get this suicide train moving..."

Mika heard him and gave him a swift look. Didn't the man know that he could jinx them with all this negativity?

"We're only just going now, Doc," she told him, "no call to assume things will go badly. Chances are our worst problem will be boredom."

14. FlakeandFins

FlakeandFins New Member

"Can you scout in this if need be?" the Captain asked him.

"Will a Reaver pick your bones clean?" was Gaston's response. "Sure can, by myself if need be, but I'd appreciate if Spencer could come with if it comes to it."

15. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Helena nods to Spenser. "any idea when we can get this baby moving? She isn't happy idling in the cold." Helena takes off her gloves and starts to clean automotive grease from under nails with a small knife.

16. Teele

Teele New Member

"The leaders are already pulling out." Spencer said.

They were set to get underway, and at the last second their third teammate arrived, packing a rifle and an ego that echoed in all of his mannerisms. Fortunately, he was quiet for the time being as he took his seat and moved out. Spencer checked the weather again. The storm had come on quick, and snow was starting to blow across the plains.

Another mission; another chance of death. Spencer wondered to himself which would be better; to live on in this place, struggling and clawing at what 'life' remained? Or to have it all ended, and enter into a rest where no cold would chill, and no demons would torment.

But to live, and to overcome was to gain honor; just as to die fighting was honor. Inside, Spencer looked forward to the battles to come. He had been trained to kill; bred to kill.

The truck wheeled its slow way south to their first destination as he sat silent and aware in the back.

17. Raven

Raven Banned

"Will a Reaver pick your bones clean?" was Gaston's response. "Sure can, by myself if need be, but I'd appreciate if Spencer could come with if it comes to it."

Hawke turns back to face him. Well depends on the situation. Lets see how far we get before we need your skills. Actually I may end up coming with you once we reach Reaver terretory. I know those bastards only too well." Hawke explained.

He then turned to Artie

"Artie I hope your good with Nukes."

18. Carmina

Carmina Contributor Contributor

Helena and truck both felt better now that they were moving. Taking up the rear wasn't her favorite position; the middle of the pack would have been safer. Of course, if you wanted safe, you stay home. This truck was home for the time being. Helena settled into the seat and felt the rumbling vibrations of the massive truck move through her body. A quiet smile spread across her face as the moved through the white wasteland after the other trucks. Her companions were still strangers, but with time and observation, she would learn what she needed to. Helena wasn't much on conversation.

19. sprb_skrbblz

"Artie I hope your good with Nukes."

"Yes, sir." he emphatically answers. "If it's man-made, I can handle it."

He was now ready. His confidence has never been so high. Little by little, he's looking like a key part of this mission. It felt good. He just hoped he assured the Captain that all things mechanical would be tended to quickly and efficiently.

20. Emerald

Emerald New Member

"Chances are our worst problem will be boredom."

Omar sighed and glanced out the tiny circular frosted window. "You got that right. Look how slow we're going. I could get out and walk faster."

He shouldn't have taken this assignment. He should've told the old bastard to go to hell, and stayed in his cozy heated lab. But they'd gave him a nice ego-stroking and had got him all excited about the scientific prospects of finally...

Omar found himself staring at the other girl. Sammy? Sarah? What was it?

"You must be the combatant. S...Sadie! That's it! Sadie, right? You're the one who's gonna keep us all alive, eh? I don't get it. Since when do women know anything about guns and fighting?"

21. Fluxhavok

Fluxhavok Active Member

Chris worke to the sound of the lead truck driver's voice blaring over the speakers followed by the grunt of the engine kicking in out of idle. It seemed he'd been asleep when the rest of the team arrived. No one was talking as the trucks started moving, taking their respective positions in the convoy.

"Great," Chris said quietly to himself as he looked around the cabin. "No chicks."

Then he noticed the Orlock behind the wheel.

"Well hello there Miss Missy, I'm Chris... Chris Kimsey, dedicated to all things mech-related." he laughed to himself. "I'm also a poet, wouldn't you know it?"

22. Blossom

Blossom New Member

“You’re in my seat.”

Sadie arched an elegantly plucked eyebrow at the blond Orlock that had finally decided to show up. They locked eyes for a few moments, each trying to stare the other down, then with an eye-roll she’d spent years perfecting Sadie clambered back over into the passenger side seat. Clearly piqued, she brought her booted feet up to rest them on the dashboard and folded her arms across her chest.

“You were late,” she muttered under her breath.

The Orlock didn’t comment, moving their truck off after the other vehicles.

A tingling sensation on the back of Sadie’s neck told her she was being watched. Lifting her head up to look in the rearview mirror, she saw the Arabian man – a doctor, she seemed to remember – studying her curiously.

“You must be the combatant. S...Sadie! That's it! Sadie, right?,” he said as she caught his gaze. “You're the one who's gonna keep us all alive, eh? I don't get it. Since when do women know anything about guns and fighting?”

Sadie held his gaze in the rearview mirror for a moment, eyes flinty. “I may keep you alive,” she replied evenly. “If I feel like it. I can assure you, women have known a lot about guns and fighting for a long time. If, however, you feel my having breasts instead of balls means I’m likely to be any less capable than a man, I’d be happy to give you a demonstration. I’ll go easy on you too, so you can patch yourself up afterwards Doc.”

23. Foxee

Mika snickered. She knew Sadie a little bit and if the Arabian though he could tangle with her in words or actions without getting a bit scuffed up he was in for a surprise.

Thank goodness they were on the move. The cabin was nominally warmer and she always felt better moving outside than standing still.

24. Darkthought

Darkthought Active Member

“You must be the combatant. S...Sadie! That's it! Sadie, right?,” Gask heard the team doctor say. “You're the one who's gonna keep us all alive, eh? I don't get it. Since when do women know anything about guns and fighting?”

“I may keep you alive,” Sadie replied evenly. “If I feel like it. I can assure you, women have known a lot about guns and fighting for a long time. If, however, you feel my having breasts instead of balls means I’m likely to be any less capable than a man, I’d be happy to give you a demonstration. I’ll go easy on you too, so you can patch yourself up afterwards Doc.”

Gask had to keep his stone-like demeanor from slipping into a full blown frown as their words drifted around him. He sighed as he lit up a half broken cigarette, keeping the truck going steady with his knees. Nonchalantly, he grabbed up his rifle, quite obviously of Reaver origin, and rounded on the two, the barrel of the weapon drifting back and forth between each of them.

"And I may decide that my fine vessel can move a little quicker without two bickering children slowing it down. Our survival is dependent on no one person. In the end, it is down to each of us to make sure everyone lives. As long as Im the driver of this boat, then I'm its captain. So save your kiddie sh*t for when the mission is done. Understood?"

Without waiting for a response from either of them, he turned back to the wheel and set his rifle up against his leg, taking a long drag on his cigarette before tapping a gloved finger against one of the gauges and adjusting his course a little bit.

25. lewisn1

lewisn1 Active Member

Steward remained seated with his head in both hands ‘Oh my god, it’s too early for this’ he thought to himself taking his hands away from his head while yawning. “AWURGHHHH…” releasing along rasp of breathe and stretching his arms above his head.
    He bent forward rummaging under his chair for his neck-warmer and gloves. Finding only his black neck-warmer, he placed it over his head and made a few adjustments by pulling it over his nose.
    ‘Gloves must be in my snow coat’, looking down at the notes graffiti-ed on his arm from the briefing, he looked around the room trying to locate where he had hung his thick coat, after a few seconds of searching he noticed a variety of snow coats hanging in the right hand corner of the room. Placing his pen back in his pocket he reached out for his SA80 which was leaning against the side of the chair, giving the gun a quick check over he placed the strap of the gun over his shoulder and made his way towards the coat-rack, as he approached he saw a heavy built man also carrying an SA80 with slightly greying hair.
    Lewis instantly recognised him as ‘Gabriel Hawke’ one of the most notoriously well-known soldiers within the English Colonies and Captain of this operation, the General followed after him placing his hand on Hawke’s shoulder just as he lit a cigar. Steward decided to remain where he was, not wanting to interrupt these two men; he listened carefully to what they were saying.

“What do you think of the team so far Captain.”

“Hard to tell this early. As long as they get the job done that’s all that can be expected.”

“Captain you ready for the Drekk.”

“I’ve come up against them before. I’ll give ‘em credit their hard bastards to fight.”

“Be careful Hawke. These reports also speak of great amounts of reaver activity in around Pontains Peak.” The General explained.

“Ain’t that why I’m here.”

Gabriel and the General left together.
    Steward moved once again towards his coat, placing his hand into the pockets pulling out a pair of black leather gloves and blue snow shades he slipped the gloves on and placed the shades on his eyes, he then reach out for his thick snow coat and placed that over his high-necked fleece making him look little bit weightier then he was but he felt as snug as bug in a rug. He doubled checked everything and made his way for the door. He spotted two men talking not far from the door, as he got closer he realised they were Ghosts.
    “Alright ghosty boys” followed by a one finger salute and point, he continued through the door and out into the harsh snowy conditions.

Struggling to walk in the thick soft snow with all his gear he looked around and noticed someone kicking the tyre of one of the trucks and Captain Hawke finishing his cigar.
    He noticed someone standing beside one of the trucks and continued walking towards them hoping they could tell him where his group would be; as he approached he could hear the figure talking to itself

"Alright, Artie Boy,it's time to man up. Look sharp out there."
    Another man came from behind the truck carry heavy backpack

"Look sharp my ass,Leave that to the Ghosts and the English. We're just handymen, if we ever need to do any fighting then you know we're screwed."

"Damn good to see you, bro. Now I know I won't die first. The Reavers will probably do you in for stealing a wife or two."

"Hey man, do me a favor. If I die and you don't, please stay away from my wife. The bitch is crazy."

"Right, i swear I'll look after her when you're gone. Where the hell is my driver at? I have a bunch of technical questions to ask. Most of them center around the heating systems inside these things."

Smirking under his neck-warmer at the convosation Lewis continued to walk towards them.

Steward watched as the chris guy stuggles with his backpack "HELP!"

"Thanks, man. Yeah, yeah you know i wouldn't touch her, she's not my type anyways... too smart."

“Aye, Lads we’ll save them ****ing asses of yours, but i wouldn't bet your life on it" slapping both guys on their backs while chuckling

"You'd ave to ave some stronge **** to make ya want to steal a Reavers wife, i hear pigs have more beauty then a reaver bitch" letting out a deep laugh

Holding out his hand in kind gesture "names Steward, Lewis Steward and yourselfs?"

As Lewis shakes Chris's hand he playfully knocks him off balance and quickly steadies Chris "HAHA steady-on mate, tell your mummy i saved ya, you need toughening up lad."

"can any of yous tell me where i can find Group threes truck??"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.