1. Draconzis

Draconzis New Member

I can't envision the appearance of one character

Discussion in 'Character Development' started by Draconzis, Jul 26, 2015.

So I am creating a story that follows a guild of wizards in a magic world, and there is one that I can't picture in my head. It is the guild leader, a secondary character. I apologize if this is in the wrong section as I saw no other that looked better, or perhaps I should go to an art forum to see about getting a visual representation?

Anyway, the guild leader (I have not came up with a name yet) is somewhere in his mid thirties to early forties, an age relatively young for guild leaders. He is just a tad bit taller than an average man's height. He posses earth magic, but has also learned light magic after being given a staff of light that was passed down from the last few guild leaders. He is rather friendly to other people, but becomes serious in matters that involve the guild. He also liked going on jobs and missions with other members, but now barely goes on any due to his duties as a guild leader.

Not much to go on, but I believe once I am able to picture the character I will be able to greatly expand him. Any help is appreciated.

2. Wreybies

Wreybies Thrice Retired Supporter Contributor

This is the correct subforum for it. :)

Look through images online. Do not limit yourself to just wizards and such in your search. He is a person. Look at people in general. You've got his age and height, so never mind that either. Just look at faces and bodies until one strikes you as a fit.

AspiringNovelist and Daemon Wolf like this.
  3. C. W. Evon

C. W. Evon Member

I don't have much to add here because I myself have never had this problem, but the above sounds like terrific advice.

You might also try observing people in a public place. Maybe this person has an interesting gait, and that person has some pretty intense eyes, and wow that person's hair is certainly unique...and you have a list to choose from and combine. Seems like this could work well.

Viridian likes this.
  4. Viridian

Viridian Member Supporter

For some reason the image of stephen merchant popped into my head. Don't if that helps :oops:

5. AspiringNovelist

AspiringNovelist Senior Member

That is an excellent recommendation.

Check out this person's pinterest page: https://www.pinterest.com/melaniewozniak1/a-whole-new-world-mage-story-board/

GingerCoffee likes this.