1. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

I don't feel like writing... but i still get ideas every so often

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Fullmetal Xeno, Aug 25, 2011.

Hey guys i haven't posted in quite some time, i know it's only been a handful of days but to me it feels like 3 months has passed by. Ive posted a couple of posts yesterday, but i was busy on homework. ANYWAY, im having a great school year so far, but i find it hard to write anything. Maybe since it's only the Fourth day of school hasn't kicked in or what but i keep getting ideas popping in my head but i don't have the urge to write them. Trust me, if i had a telepathic computer where i can come up with an idea and it will just display it on there i would be going to booktours like crazy probably. Besides Schoolwork, i have another thing going in and out of my mind. I haven't written as a routine in awhile cause i don't know... it's very odd. theres no distractions...i just haven't. Im not losing interest at all i love writing with a deep passion but right now it feels like a grey cloud blocks my vision. My new Language Arts teacher has a Short Story thing coming up soon, so hopefully by then i won't have this silly problem.

I have alot going through my mind for an 8th grader, more then those ones who just want to text and get wasted. I observe the world around me, i notice changes more then other people do. I stay quiet, not speaking a word unless i situate and get comfortable. Today i have been a mute since my last school period. I have no idea why, im not depressed or anything but sometimes i would rather watch out the window or just think about the world and my other silly whereabouts while still maintaining education. At times i could talk alot, and then others i get too shy to present stuff in front of people.

Im a very weird mute i guess you can say. I know on this very website, i may talk alot but otherwise your lucky to hear me at all. Im guessing even more now cause of well... lots of staring happens in the corner of my eye. When everyone watches me i feel cornered. But then sometimes i might not realize it but i stare people down and i don't mean too. I have been accused of a stalker once, but i have no idea why. I accidently listen to people's private conversations and i try to ignore it but i can't. I don't like listening to people's business unless it's a close friend that shares it with me. I know im extremely off-topic, but i will continue. I have lots of friends at school, im just not the chatter type. Only around people ive known for years i will talk like a normal person would. This whole post is more then one topic, but it's mixed in. I keep coming up with ideas but then i can't write. I just feel blocked. I know what my ultimate distraction is, and im afraid it's going to be a shaky one. Let me just say i have a pair of light blue eyes watching me. Blue, innocent, but scared eyes. I don't like watching somebody being terrified of me. The person who stares at me at times is very shy, but i know she's terrified of me. Or atleast im thinking too hard. Is that possible? Unless.....? Well no, it didn't happen at all today. Only one glare. Other then that, nothing. Very confusing times for Xeno..

Oh and on another note.. i was playing MW2 and i got into a game with 2 guys who's clan tag was named Xeno! They stole my name! haha jk. I found out it was way before me, but recently i have been thinking about changing my gamertag with adding "Xeno" at the end of it. I even thought of naming my clarinet Xeno. I have become obsessed with the name i guess you can say. I now this sounds nerdy, but it feels like me and my clarinet have some connection. Like it's my sword or something.. ok too much Bleach! If you think im going nuts i don't blame whoever reads this haha.

2. Midnight_Adventurer

Midnight_Adventurer Active Member

Hi Fullmetal Xeno!

Wow, this post feels as if you're venting a little, getting a few things off your chest which is okay, but I think this is better suited to your blog. I see a little of myself in you when I was your age and at school. I had friends, quite a few of them I'd known from primary school, but I was never overly chatty. I'd rather sit back and observe.

School can be a very hectic time and if you're busy with schoolwork and other commitments don't panic about not writing religiously. Better yet, if you're not already, carry around a small notebook so you can write down anything that you might see, hear or find interesting for your writing. I do.

Maybe start by writing down those ideas you're having, just so they're not swimming around in your head. Also (I do this when I feel "blah" about writing) read some of your favourite books, they might get you inspired again.

I know my advice isn't spectacular, but it's a start and hopefully that grey cloud will lift soon.

Good luck with your writing! :D

3. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

I would of posted it on my blog, but i don't have one. Maybe i should start one..

4. Quezacotl

Quezacotl Contributing Member

You already have one on this website, silly Xeno.

Whatever ideas you do have, be sure to write them down.

However be sure to show ask a language arts teacher to look at your work - preferably with one you are comfortable with. Teachers absolutely LOVE to read their students work when they do not need to grade it, they love to see you are motivated to actually make use of what they teach you.

I did this just this last year with a teacher and my writing improved tremendously. Of course, I was in high school, but teachers are teachers and they will help guide you.

And for the school troubles, don't worry about it. Don't panic. Make that your mantra.

The Bleach references made me smile. Also, great to hear there's another clarinet fanatic on these forums.