1. SimpleDD

SimpleDD New Member

Little help with plot development?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by SimpleDD, Oct 11, 2011.

Ok so I'm writting the script to a game and I need to get done writting one of the side quests, only problem is that I'm completely stuck! For days I have thought and dwelled on this story and I have gotten almost no where with it.

The game take place in a very depressing post apocalyptic future, our protagonist walks around in the wasteland looking for his wife and child. He then come across a beautiful city down in a valley. He accidentally falls down the valley and crashes against the hard concreat of the city. He later wake up in a house, owned by a ex nurse named Lily. She shows him around the city and talks about the problems of the city. The city is seperated into three districts.
    Pivot: Wants to open up the city so they can endulge in trade with the rest of the world.
    Yana: Wants to keep the town closed. Due to the political diffrences, they are in war with Pivot.
    Zaton:A non politcal peaceful district, this is where our hero is at.

Lily shows him around Zaton and they get really good friends.
    Next day, people from Yana comes and takes the protagonist away.

That's about as far as I have come, I had some really cool ideas that the Yana and Pivot district starts a full blown war and destroys Zaton in the process. But I have no idea how I'm supposed to get there :(
    This is driving me mad so I'd appreciate some suggestions on how to develop it.

2. suddenly BANSHEES

suddenly BANSHEES Senior Member

Maybe you could do some research about some of the civil conflicts that happened in the real world? That might give you some inspiration as to how to start your fictional one.

I wish I could give better advice, but I don't know much about that sort of thing. Hope that helps, though.

3. James Berkley

James Berkley Banned

Perhaps look at conflicts between isolationists and modernist after Perry visited Japan
    Perhaps look at the Beirut fighting for an idea of different city districts at war with each other. Might also be able to drag Zaton into it by having one side moving to gain a advantage over the others in an attack. At this point I imagine Zaton is walking a political tight rope between the two sides, so it is not unthinkable that a political blunder would drag them into the war.