1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

I found secret messages on the forum.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by GingerCoffee, May 1, 2013.

Really, I'm not crazy. :D

"Minstrel is a splendid one to behold"

"Thirdwind is a jewel in the rough"

"GingerCoffee has a spectacular aura about" Not so good, I don't believe auras exist. ;)

"Chicagoliz has a spectacular aura about" I guess there are a limited number of secret messages.

"Phoenix will become famous soon enough"

Some people are on a distinguished road.

Must be connected to number of posts or something.

2. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Depends on reputation points. lol

On a distinguished road is towards the lower end, of one bar (so like 1-50 rep points), and Famous soon enough is like 50 points to 150. Then from there to 300 is the Jewel in the rough. I think Splendid to behold is, well wherever minstrel is at lol

3. TerraIncognita

TerraIncognita Aggressively Nice Person Contributor

Where are you guys seeing this? I feel blind! :p

Edit I just found it. lol That's great. I never noticed that before!

4. Trilby

Trilby Contributor Contributor

Where have they hidden it? - it used to be in public view beneath the avatars.

Found it - Trilby is really nice - can't argue with that!

5. chicagoliz

chicagoliz Contributor Contributor

I give up. Where are these messages?

6. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Just move your cursor over the rep indicator below your avatar

7. chicagoliz

Thanks, Ed!
    And you are, indeed, a splendid one to behold.

8. chicagoliz

I don't know about me, but, just look at that beautiful city pictured in my avatar. Of course it gives off a spectacular aura. ;-)

9. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

mine is 'mammamaia has much to be proud of'...

i've no clue what 'they' [who/whatever the mystery awarder/s may be] are referring to... :confused:

10. EdFromNY

EdFromNY Hope to improve with age Supporter Contributor

Thank you, Liz. You're pretty spiffy yourself.

11. Michael O

Michael O Member

Yep! Nothing like the view of Chicago's skyline. Can't beat it from a distance.......Until you're so far away you can't even see it:)

Isn't Chicago the place Dave Matthew's tour bus driver opened the valve on the septic tank while stopped a metal grate bridge and rained raw sewage on a dinner-cruise boat below? I wonder if "Ol Blue Eyes was singing "Chicago, my kind of town" as patrons enjoyed their meal above deck then "Blue Rain" plopped on their heads? How romantic.....Ol Blue Eyes and Blue Rain. Quite a special moment I'm sure, can almost smell the aura.

I jumped in Lake Michigan one time before anyone knew what I was doing......including me. Just a kid visiting from Lower Alabama who was part duck then instantly transformed into a world-class swimmer with eyeballs the size of silver dollars. And speaking of balls, my boys were gone for nearly an hour.

Big cities are great places to visit for all the culture and whatnot they offer. But the biggest gift they offer is when I leave. Thankful my life has been spared such a place so distant from the natural world. A place where Blue Rain will never fall on my head and freak-a-zoids are not cultivated like bacteria in a petri dish.

12. chicagoliz

I'm glad you like where you live, Michael. I have some Southern friends who are happiest when they are in that part of the world.

As far as lakes, I'd prefer the cold freshwater lakes. I'm too worried about the increase in the Naegleria fowleri amoebas that are becoming more prevalent in Southern freshwater bodies of water. But I do love the southern Ocean water. I love the NC beaches and I'm headed to FL in a few weeks to enjoy some of the Gulf Coast.

13. Anthony Martin

Anthony Martin Active Member

Something happened to Michael O in Chicago ...

Now, when he writes of the Windy City, he only remembers his blue balls and freak-a-zoids, and boils the merits of this diverse metropolis down to culture and whatnot.

Something happened to Michael O in Chicago ...

14. Michael O

Michael O Member

Just don't go a-swimming in the cow ponds and nothing will eat you're brain:)

Scientific America did a study on sands from the most beautiful beaches in the world. Panama City to Fort Walton......None prettier. That's a fact.

Don't much care for the Atlantic. Don't like the shelf and low visibility. Buddies told me we were going skiing, drinking and shark fishing. Bout half drunk when we got through skiing.

"Okay boys! Let's go shark fishing!"

They dropped anchor and it dawned on me real quick why my sister didn't want to ski. Before I could pop a beer and take a sip, the fight was on. A seven foot bull shark was by the boat in ~ 30 minutes.

Did I mention we were drunk. Took it to shore to cut the jaws out and by the time we were done the tide kept-a-coming. The blood is going in the water and short stick had to swim to the boat.

Sure miss that sister but what the hell.....still got me fishing buddies:)

15. Michael O

Michael O Member

Not blue. Gone! That'll scare the living crap outa any kid. Remember plenty thank you very much.

What was really scary was playing along with me Irish granny. We were jamming. Me on the organ and her on the concertina squeezing out the lamest music ever to come out of one. Now that's scary. Not realizing just how frigging lame it was. Should have taught her a little Credence Clearwater Revival or The Doors.

I grew-up skunk hunting, not with Ells and freak-a-zoids. Flash lights and gunny sacks. A successful meant the skunk was in the bag and no one got sprayed. Then we turned them loose. We did until it wasn't successful. Takes about a month for the stink to go away and you learn real quick who your friends are.
    I had one........only because he smelled like me. We kinda liked sitting alone and the Nuns didn't bother us. They wouldn't even let us go to church......Oh the horror:)

Diverse metropolis? Is that kinda like Happy Acres where everyone is crazy and plenty are dangerous?

Do you know why terrorist (hate that name because they just piss people like me off) don't come South. Think about it......pigs live here.
    No siree buddy. They'll be week-end entertainment. Necked and tied over a barrel with sow pheromones and the boars are standing in line if you know what I mean.

I say put a Southern pig farmer in charge of Guantanamo. Let him take a few four-legged friends with him and rename it Get-Mo at Git-Mo. Of course there will be a new reality TV show. Crap! Might just have to keep Snookie from trying to take a turn on the barrel. And no worries. We'll run out of crazies before a boar will say no because it has a headache. When we run outa crazies, move on the "Big city freak-a-zoids."

Oh.....excuse me......Are they an integral part of such a diverse metropolis?

Nothing happened to me in Chicago, just born Irish and Southern. Picture a football bat.......You can call me Mr. Football Bat:)

16. Anthony Martin

Anthony Martin Active Member

"Michael O is on a distinguished road"

17. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

How did this... happen? :p

18. Michael O

Michael O Member

Didn't see the skunk until it was too late.

19. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Whew-ee. That jus' plain stanks.

20. Michael O

Michael O Member

G. Coffee

Hate to break the scary news to you. Hum the Jaw's music to yourself while reading the rest of this. (Dun dun.....Dun-dun Dun-dun!)

When it comes to secrets......Two people can keep one if one of them is dead!

21. Michael O

Michael O Member

Yep!

Just like those skunks, possums and armadillos I see in the road. Previews of coming splat-tractions.

If you're an animal lover and don't want to run over an armadillo. Don't straddle with you car. Damn thing has a fright-reflex and it can jump 2 feet straight up. Then it just turns into a gushy basketball under your car.

Some country folks eat possum. And some jerks would kill a skunk and cut off it's feet and sell it as a possum. Things look the same when they're cleaned. You always knew if that person had-been had. First thing asked, "Does it still have the feet's on it?"