1. MainerMikeBrown

MainerMikeBrown Senior Member

Pictures Of Your Pet(s) Are A Must

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MainerMikeBrown, Oct 1, 2014.

I used to have a pet cockatiel. He passed away in 2003. His name was "Luke," and he was a cute little guy.

However, while I enjoyed having him as my pet for over twelve years, their is one thing I regret...I regret not taking many pictures of him with a camera.

Over the years, I only took one photo of him. I wish I had taken more.

So if you have a pet or pets that you love, I'd recommend taking a number of pictures of them. I'm not saying that you should take a million pictures of your pet(s). But what I am saying is you might not want to make the same mistake that I did: which was not taking enough pictures of my pet whom I loved.

After all, once they pass on, that's it.

elynne and GingerCoffee like this.
  2. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

My brother's bird died after >25 years. He lived the last few years on the cage floor when he became unable to perch. I think he had a happy life. :)

elynne likes this.
  3. elynne

elynne Active Member

I've lost several pets over the years... I take lots of pictures of them, for exactly this reason. I still tear up when I see the picture of Jet as a tiny, fluffy kitten, just after we'd brought him home from the Humane Society. Jet was never a happy cat, but he was a sweet, gentle giant, and I still miss him. I can't really bring myself to imagine life without Smokey or especially Nar.

4. jaebird

jaebird Active Member

I've got a mix breed dog a little over a year old, and I wish I'd taken more pictures of him as a tiny fat legged puppy, forget what I'll feel like if he passes on.

jazzabel likes this.
  5. jazzabel

jazzabel Agent Provocateur Contributor

Very true @MainerMikeBrown . I lost several pets over the years and I treasure their pictures.

6. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

Pictures are a must. My first cat (though not my family's first) passed away at the age of 2. Some vile sickness. Luckily I still have my pictures of him, my poor Miro. Anything can happen at any time. It's quick, it's sudden, and it's depressing. Pictures are a light in the dark and a way to remember.

jazzabel likes this.