1. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

Question [Solved] What have 'contributors' done

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by DefinitelyMaybe, Oct 30, 2015.

People who have 'contributor' under their names, what have they done to achieve that? How have they contributed?

EDIT: Ah, the 'contribute' menu at the top now has 'purchase supporter subscription' option. Yesterday I could only see a 'donate' option, which I used to make a donation. The donate option seems to have disappeared, or I'm looking in the wrong place.

EDIT: Ah, clicking on 'Contribute' itself brings up the page with donations.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  2. Komposten

Komposten Insanitary pile of rotten fruit Contributor

A 'Contributor' is someone who's been around for quite a while and has contributed to the discussions in the forum. The title (and badge) is the step that comes after 'Senior Member' and is given when you have been a member for 365 days, have 500 posts and have received 200 likes.
    The 'Purchase supporter subscription' option grants you the green 'Supporter' badge (note that the '$1/month' and '$12/year' options don't grant you the badge).

We do have a usergroup legend if you want to read more: Usergroup legend

DefinitelyMaybe likes this.
  3. Tenderiser

Tenderiser Not a man or BayView

I know @DefinitelyMaybe didn't mean it that way but every time I see this thread title on the main page I read it like "what have THEY ever done for us?"

Makes me giggle :p

For some reason I thought they were people who had donated something but not regular amounts or not 'enough' to get the green.

DefinitelyMaybe likes this.
  4. DefinitelyMaybe

DefinitelyMaybe Contributor Contributor

I've got it worked out now. Having made an ad-hoc donation, I'll wait a bit before I become a supporter.