I have a plot - but is it too cliché?

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by tuore, Jun 21, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Word Dancer

Word Dancer New Member

It sounds cliche, but Dwarves and Elves are in many fantasy books. Do your Dwarves and Elves stand out? Do you delve into their culture?
    Do you have races you invented or other parts of the world you created that will make it feel fresh?

You can certainly work with what you have there, depending on how you do it.

2. Daydream

Daydream Contributor Contributor

Seriously just write it. Personally I like the sound of it already. Yes it's cliche, but so many stories are nowdays. It all depends on how well you write it, your conflict and characterisation. I do agree that creating some new races would make it more interesting. As cool as orcs, elves and dwarves are, they are abit overused. Play around with it abit and possibly add something that you wouldn't see in a medieval setting.

Also I really like your map! Wish I could do that xD

3. Jonp

Jonp New Member

I just wanted to come back and thank you for posting your map. It inspired me to finally go and make one for my own work. I was a complete photoshop newbie (well, I use GIMP because I have linux, but they're similar) but I learned a lot and got a sweet looking map out of it. So thanks.