1. gingerwizard

gingerwizard New Member

I have started - A big thank you

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by gingerwizard, Oct 12, 2011.

Hello Everyone

After years of having the feeling of a book inside me, months of lurking in the background of this board and days of very nearly starting to write, I have finally begun my first ever novel. I have to say it has been quite inspirational reading the various threads on this site, reading some of the problems I thought I may have and quietly nodding to myself as I agree with the help others have been offered. Do I need to outline, do I write a full bio for each character, do I need a list of names and places, do I need to plan how many words, do I, do I, do I................

Well you will all pleased to know I have done none of the above. I have taken my idea and started writing the first chapter, a bit like setting sail from home port and seeing in what direction the wind will take me, regardless of the destination.

So a big thank you to everyone for the inspiration and strap on for the ride.

2. Protar

Protar Active Member

Hey gingerwizard and welcome to the writing forums. You seem to be a bold one, skipping right past the new members introduction forum and going into general :p anyway, I wish you the best of luck with your writing endeavors and be sure to ask questions and post excerpts once you've unlocked that feature. Feel free to send me a message if you need help. :)

3. VM80

VM80 Contributing Member Contributor

Probably the best way to start, in my book.

Welcome.

4. Tesoro

Tesoro Contributing Member Contributor

welcome and congrats on starting. sometimes maybe it's better to not make a big deal out of it and just start writing :) I'm with you on that one. you can always revise later, the most important first step is getting the idea down on paper. good luck!!