1. Rohit

Rohit New Member

I have wriiten Novel but the english is not upto standard novel english

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Rohit, Aug 12, 2012.

Can any 1 guides me how to make it a standard english fiction novel..

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

Seriously? In a single thread?

Writing is more than putting words together until you have a novel-length story. Even for people who have a solid grasp on the English language, it takes moths, or even years, to learn how to turn clear, correct English into publishable fiction.

If you are serious about this, by all means put in the effort to master spelling, punctuation, and grammar. That is a prerequisite, and is still only a starting point.

There are no short cuts. It is a craft or art form that does take time, patience, and dedication.

3. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

aside from being able to upgrade the english on your own, after taking some english courses, or whatever, you'd have to hire someone to rewrite it for you... and no one who's good enough at it to do a good job will do that for free, or for just a share in future profits...

i do this for clients whose english isn't up to par, occasionally, but it's very costly and it's money you'll have little to no chance of recouping, because even with the very best rewrite, there's no guarantee the book will be accepted for publication, due to the sheer numbers of new writers who're submitting their work every year and the fact that only a relative handful get accepted...

i'm sorry i haven't better news for you, but this is just how the publishing world works... if you want to write novels for the english-speaking market, your best course is to become fluent before you write any more books...

love and consoling hugs, maia

4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

What???? How can that be possible? You have to know every step in the english language, and that can take pages and pages of thread which would almost overwhelming to read. Are you new to English? Cause if you are, i suggest you buy some English learning books and Rosetta Stone.

5. Thornesque

Thornesque Contributing Member

To be honest, the above comments are correct: there are no shortcuts to learning proper English. What you need to do is go to classes, invest in textbooks and handbooks, maybe get some software that will teach you the language. And then of course, there's immersion: watch television shows and movies that are in English. Read books that are in English. Pay attention to how people speak to learn how the language works.

No one here is going to have the time or patience (or even the proper space) to teach you English. That's something you need to perfect yourself. Best of luck to you.

6. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Thanks guys for your comments . Actually i am not that bad infact i am good in english but the problem i am facing is that there are things that i feel but i am not able to put them into exact words or the way that should have been . after writing and reading i find the things are not in the right perspective , i mean the way they should have been . Guys i will put sample of my writing here . if you could go thorough it and see the mistakes i made and be frank in your opinion. love to hear your comments ..Thomseque, Fullmental Xeno, Mammamaia and Cogito- Amicus Curiae .. Thanks all and love to hear from you guys ...

i am not able to upload my sample work here

7. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

you just haven't been here long enough or posted enough critiques to be allowed to do so... check out the site rules and regulations for what you need to do...

8. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Ok maia