1. Torana

Torana Contributor Contributor

Publishing Tips and Information US

Discussion in 'Traditional Publishing' started by Torana, Jul 19, 2007.

I have spent some time recently looking for information on publishing poetry in the US as maia had stated it would be good to offer information to members on US publishing as I previously provided some for those in the UK.

I am not sure how much this link will help you out, but I do hope that they provide a little information that may be helpful to you.

The Fearless "How to Get Published Guide"

I also have come across this link below, although I am not sure where what country it is for. I though I would post it here anyway. It has some useful information on it and I hope that someone can utilize the information provided.

How to publish your poetry - some advice

Well I hope that you find them helpful and interesting to read over. I am not saying that these will tell you everything though. But I hope they do help.

Torana

andrew smith likes this.
  2. mammamaia

mammamaia nit-picker-in-chief Contributor

andrew smith likes this.
  3. adamant

adamant Contributor Contributor

Her links don't work because she's put "http://" twice.

andrew smith likes this.
  4. Torana

Sorry about that everyone. I will make the corrections. My apologies.

andrew smith likes this.
  5. Torana

Now they do work.

andrew smith likes this.
  6. poempedlar

poempedlar New Member

How to publish poetry

I started offering my poetry to church magazines, the weekly newspaper published for staff at the company I worked for, any requests for poems for an anthology,and entered through the librbary, any competitions that were going. It won't make you any money but it will get your work out there. One thing leads to another and you have to be seen. I have a scrap book of things I have acheived through little steps forward and have now read poems on the BBC I can thoroughly recommend self publishing. It is a very good experience and will force you to present work immaculately. It will also give you a great sense of acheivement when you see your book in the centre of a window display in Ottakers. To cut the cost get together a group of writers and publish an anthology.

andrew smith likes this.