1. Inditer

Inditer New Member

Short Story How Do I Write?

Discussion in 'Genre Discussions' started by Inditer, Feb 3, 2013.

I've written a few stories, and posted them on another website. Now they are 'different' than what you would expect here. Everyone on that other website and I share a few... obsessions. If you know what I mean by that, then fine. If you don't then don't ask. But back to the point, I've already written a few stories. But they're not the best because i'm ADHD. This seriously impacts my writing, and I can see it. I try to focus, but at one point I just give up and walk away. If I do manage to get something decent on paper, I can't concentrate on editing, and my story suffers. I just need a little guidance on how to write while also having ADHD. It would really be great if you could give me some advice.

2. Fun

Fun New Member

You could always try writing and editing in small chunks, preferably paragraph by paragraph. This is so you don't get bored and can also do other things in between. Perhaps the time will come when you will be so interested in your writing you will keep going on.

3. Malkhalifa

Malkhalifa New Member

Persistance is key in any aspect of your life. A condition may be viewed as a challenge or an excuse, but a lot can be achieved. That being said, you need to talk to two people for the best advice: 1) A writer with a similar condition and 2) a doctor

4. Arthur Wagner

Arthur Wagner New Member

Have you already tried meditation? It's very hard to get used to it and it's no all-cure, but it can help to improve your attention span tremendously.
    http://www.sharpbrains.com/blog/2008/05/22/mindfulness-meditation-for-adults-teens-with-adhd/
    Although ordinary people can meditate on their own, I am not sure of whether people with ADHD need professional help/instructions.