1. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I need a name . . .

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Iulia, Feb 13, 2008.

for my story. I've not been working on it long, but it's really growing rapidly, and I was wondering if anyone had some ideas. My villian (Galvin DeMerge) is excedingly twisted, (he's murdered a guy and taken on his traits, as well as being a quiet evil, and emerging unexpectedly as the villian when the reader thought it was someone else). And my hero is a motherless girl with a kind father - 19, unmarried, no loverly connections, very rough, if you know what I mean. Then there are two guys living slightly parallel lives who are almost total opposites. Even different demensions, because no one and nothing can be associated with both. Untill my main character (Tshana) ends up knowing both. That's not the main plot, and I want to keep it mostly focused on Tshana. The main plot will come together out of several *mini-plots* if you will. If you've got an idea, please let me know. It'd be much appreciated and I'd mention you in the dedications in the unlikely event it was published :) Thanks,

2. JustinaB

JustinaB Active Member

Iulia, I believe it would be very hard for anyone to help with a title name without reading the story. Do you have the story posted somewhere?

3. Hulk

Hulk Banned

This thread should be in the "General Writing" section

4. Iulia

Iulia New Member

I thought this . . . was the general writing section. Meanwhile, as I said before I was going to post it on the website once I made it. I'll come up with a name on my own. Thanks,

5. diziet

diziet Member

errrr, whats this section then?

Iulia, your story sounds quite convoluted and sort of Dickensian. what about:

The Confusion
    Multiple Lives
    Three Way Split

sorry, can't think of any more, and the ones i've thought of are ****. post something and let us read it.

it sounds good!

6. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Thanks so much! I've posted the prelude in the feedback (short stories, under "fantasy") section.

7. Heather Louise

Heather Louise Contributing Member Contributor

Iulia, I am sorry to tell you but unfortunatly titles for things are something that is best though up yourself. However, if you haven't finished the peice yet then don't worry about it, just give it a working title. I bet once you have finished a title for it will jump to you. :)

Heather

8. Sapphire

Sapphire Senior Member

Well, don't rush the title is all I have to say. Completely the story first, re-read it, and see if you get any ideas. If you don't, then just go with what you think will suffice.

9. Iulia

Iulia New Member

Thanks so much guys. Come to think of it, you're all right. It was late when I posted this, and I was just anxious for a title. I always am with these things, and they always come to me later. :)

10. ecanusia16

ecanusia16 Member

Titles are always tricky to conjure up. A whole story can be done without a title

(or am I speaking for myself here >.> <.< hmm...)

Just go on writing. At one inevitable point, a spark will click.

11. Tripleeagle

Tripleeagle New Member

He's right. You've written the story all by yourself (I think), why ruin it by getting somebody to write the title for you?!