1. Phoenix Hikari

Phoenix Hikari New Member

A proposal

Discussion in 'Collaboration' started by Phoenix Hikari, Mar 4, 2013.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing this:

I wish to compete with another writer to write a short story, it's not a collaboration or a contest, it's more like writing the same story with the same events but in two different styles and voices. We can decide on the plot together and can choose characters and their names but the way we write it would be different, like each their own style.

The reason I am asking for this is I want to see how two people see the same thing differently. Because sometimes when we try to critic a story, we sort of wonder 'if i wrote it, it'd be like that not like this'. I want to see that as an actual attempt.

Anyone wish to work with me? I am not brilliant but I'm good enough. =P

-It could be any genre you want, I don't mind working with any, except sci-fi.
    -It could be any length, could be different length for either of us as length depends on the writer's voice.
    - We can decide on anything we could find a common ground for both of us, of course it's okay if more than two do this together, I think that'd be even more interesting.

2. NigeTheHat

NigeTheHat Contributor Contributor

That sounds like quite an interesting idea - I'm not going to offer to join in, since I find it quite impossible to finish anything more than 100 words in less than 3 months, and I'll have rewritten the plot about 5 times in that time, which would defeat the purpose somewhat. Should be interesting to see the result if you find anyone, though.

3. funkybassmannick

funkybassmannick New Member

I would be interested, but I'm in the middle of a tight deadline right now for another project. Some other time, I would definitely be interested :)

4. Mot

Mot New Member

How short is the short story?

EDIT: Or rather, how long?

5. Phoenix Hikari

As short or long as it needs to be, each their own style, each their own length. Come on guys. :D

6. popsprocket

popsprocket Member

Could be a lot of fun, you might want to specify a genre though, so that people know what they're getting themselves into. Since it's your idea I see no problem in you laying down whatever parameters you want.

7. Phoenix Hikari

Original post edited. Please check it out.

8. GhostWolfe

GhostWolfe New Member

Not quite the same thing, but you might want to check out Machine of Death - a book of short stories where all the writers had to work from the same premise.

9. Mot

Mot New Member

Results have been posted in the short story section (general fiction) of the Writing Workshops if anyone wanted to see :)