Tags:
  1. Serftion

Serftion New Member

I need help for a plot.

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by Serftion, Mar 10, 2011.

Okay, first, I need help.
    I will use the format that Mr. Cogito gave.

The theme is valuing the sense of unity. By being united, you gain immense manpower. I plan to show this in the critical parts of the story, not on every chapter.

The storyline: A group of scientists made a device that transmits waves that converts humans into machines to prevent disease. But 3 people wasn't affected by the waves. Now, the 3 humans independently make a way to bring the world back into its normal state. They have different but extreme talents that are essential for the future world. They don't know each other. But there will be a time that they will meet and unite. When that happens, they will gain a large amount of skill and power that can bring the world back to normal, if they ever pass the trials.

The setting will be in a future Earth, year 2497, with futuristic infrastructure and machinery.

The characters:
    Main protagonists:
    1. A computer genius [Van Lambursch, male, aged 19]
    2. A math wizard and science wonder [Imelda Indigna, female, aged 18]
    3. A tools expert and top-class inventor [Rexxan Morgann, male, aged 20]

Sub protagonists:
    1. Deity of Creation
    2. The Prophet

Main antagonists:
    The group of 5 scientists

Sub antagonist:
    Anti-Deity

The central plot will be the eradication of the rulers of the world, which is the 5 main antagonists, by the 3 protagonists to bring the world back to its original state. There are no subplots yet. It will just appear as the story progresses.

Conflicts:
    3 protagonists vs 5 antagonists
    1 sub protagonist [Deity of Creation] vs 1 sub antagonist [Anti-Deity]
    More conflicts will appear as the story progresses.

So, what do you think? Any suggestions? Also, I need help for the name of the antagonists.

2. PurpleCandle

PurpleCandle New Member

I think it would be a good idea to go ahead and think of a few possible sub-plots. I don't always and there is great fun in letting a story develop on its own. But, when I don't think about it at least a little ahead of time I find myself writing something that is not important to the story, which equals a lot of editing.

For naming the deity I suggest you think of the attributes the deity has and compare to other known deities, then find one that fits. Some of my faves come from (Pre-Islamic) Egyptian, Indian (not Native American) and Celtic origin.

As far as naming the scientists, have you created their characters fully (gender, likes, dislikes, purpose and so on)? I think if you develop them more, their names might come more easily for you.

3. Serftion

Serftion New Member

There are actually sub-plots. I won't reveal it yet. :p

For the deities, I don't actually plan to name them. But some ideas struck me, so I'll name them. :D

There are 3 females and 2 males. I named them, but I don't like it. Maybe I'll think of their personality.

EDIT: For the subplots, I have one. And that is the Night of the Tribulation. I won't reveal much about that.
    For the deities, I won't name them from the other deities that other myths have because that will just bring conflict. I will name them with my own.

4. Leonardo Pisano

Leonardo Pisano Active Member

Names for your antagonists:
    You could use the Latin Names of the main Sci subject and give it a twist (reverse, change a letter). You could combine with a name for death (Mors/Mortis is the Latin word for it). Morbio for instance for a biologist? Chemor. Choose a first name with a hard sound (g's or k's in it).

5. Serftion

Serftion New Member

This is a plot overview of what my story will be:
    http://wp.me/p1pMuq-c

The 5 scientists:
    Dr. Vaita Biona
    Dr. Cenos Nihill
    Dr. Kranamis Valido
    Dr. Lankholia Blasphia
    Dr. Tamoro Mutare

Deities:
    Deity of Creation: Junfire
    Anti-Diety: Shivice

Thanks for the ideas. It really helped. I'll post on the Writing Workshop for them to review my work. :)