1. devilcupcakes

devilcupcakes New Member

I need help with my anime story!

Discussion in 'Plot Development' started by devilcupcakes, Oct 8, 2012.

So I want to do a story about vampires. It'd be a love story but with a twist of action. The main character is a teen girl (human), and theres a certain vampire guy that becomes her lover eventually. I'm inspired by Vampire Knight, and it's hard not to totally copy the storyline and everything !! haha.
    What I'm not sure of is:
    -if it should be in modern times or old times
    -if the vampires should be highly respected, or looked down upon, or maybe even allowed in restricted areas?
    -what's the underlying problem, brewing situation? i feel like i want it to be something about the bad vampires.
    -should it be in the city?
    -what is the girls family situation?
    any advice would be appreciated! thanks

2. Cogito

Cogito Former Mod, Retired Supporter Contributor

It's your story. My advice is to make your own choices and write it.

3. Thromnambular

Thromnambular New Member

Those questions really look like they should be answered by the person writing the story: you.
    EDIT: Dang it, Cogito beat me to it! >:O

4. Thromnambular

Thromnambular New Member

You know what? I WILL go ahead and tell you something though...

Try to stay away from the anime formula of:

1) Hero has some kind of goal that'll make him a total badass. (Naruto wanted to be Hokage, Luffy wanted to be the Pirate King, Inuyasha wanted to be a full demon, and so on...)

2) Hero meets someone who is currently more of a badass than he/she is.

3) Hero gets his/her ass handed to him/her by this adversary, but somehow survives.

4) Hero gets stronger somehow.

5) Hero beats his current adversary.

6) Put some filler content in and sprinkle in a bad joke or two.

7) Repeat 1-6 until the show gets cancelled.

8) The show gets cancelled.

Sure, my opinion is just that, but a lot of anime seems like the same old story with a different flavor. I know everything has been done before...but there's a limit, at least try to be different, and not just in terms of theme. Try to have your characters face challenges that are varied in nature, and try not to make them one-dimensional; real people get lost on their journey through life, contradict themselves, change their mind, etc. Their goals aren't always as clear as you'd think from watching an anime.

5. devilcupcakes

devilcupcakes New Member

thanks, yeah I know what you mean about that!
    I'm trying to create my own theme, and the main character doesn't have a certain goal or anything

6. Still Life

Still Life Active Member

There are so many vampire-themed animes out there: Vampire Knight (liked you mentioned), Dance in the Vampire Bund, Trinity Blood, Hellsing, Moonlight Phase, Tsukuyomi Moon Phase, that other OVA with seiyuu’s like Tomokazu Seki and Megumi Hayashibara, etc., etc.

Have you seen these? All of these try to take a fresh, new approach to a rehashed plot/theme like this one.

As for the questions you asked, that is for you to decide. Good luck.

7. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

How about this.

The setting takes place in a Victorian age city where vampires rule the world. Human beings are low class citizens who have to work for the vampires or they will become cattle. Think Nazi Germany. The vampires are highly respected and feared by the poor human race. Most of the vampires are bad, but there are some who feel sorry for the humans.

The conflict deals with humans struggling for freedom and respect. There are vampire hunters, but they are weak and easily caught.

The girl's family are slaves to a vampire merchant. They work at a shop for him, getting paid less and suffering an illness. The girl and her parents are just trying to survive without fighting back.

You could also have the vampire boy deciding to help the girl after he falls in love with her. When their love is discovered by the vampires, the vampire boy and girl become treated like celebrities. A love between a mortal and an immortal never happened before. To the vampires, it is like a miracle that should be posted through the society to make more money and profit. It is like how Hollywood expose famous celebrity couples. However, this makes the human rebels angry. If a love between a vampire and human continues, it will ruin their campaign. So they begin to threaten the couple and try to break them a part for the good of humanity. Make the human rebels the bad guys instead while the tyrant vampires turn good because the love of these two characters.

This is just an idea if you want it. It does sound like Dar Breakers meet Romeo and Juliet, but more of a Dracula style.

8. devilcupcakes

devilcupcakes New Member

thank you! that really helps me get my brain thinking. I wasn't looking for something to copy just an idea of something to go off of, and you did that [:

9. MilesTro

MilesTro Senior Member

Your welcome. I am kind of good at upcoming with story ideas by myself, even if they are cliche'.

10. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

Now I really like anime, grew up with it in fact, but this is so true :D

The thing I CANNOT stand is the crying weeping female who is also coincidentally and somehow the most POWERFUL BEING IN THE WHOLE UNIVERSE and yet somehow still manages to require a man to swoop in there to save her at every. single. episode. And let's not forget the screaming of each other's names :D A lot of anime plots are rather contrived really - like Tsubasa. I only watched a few eps but the love story part annoyed me, and it was the same every episode anyway. Then I read the plot on wiki and it just sounded... well, contrived.

Although you should watch Miyazaki - now he's a genius.

11. devilcupcakes

devilcupcakes New Member

yes I hate that ! when the girl is completely useless for 3/4 of the anime until she finally realizes she has to quit whining and do something for herself! lol [:
    I definitely want to stay away from that as much as possible, though it's romantic for the man to want to protect her all the time :D