1. Jonp

Jonp Senior Member

I wonder if anyone has tried this?

Discussion in 'General Writing' started by Jonp, May 23, 2011.

As a writer, I like to dabble in different formats. I write stories, screenplays, movie and game reviews etc just because I enjoy diversifying and I love to write.

Now I recently came across a program which allows you to create interactive text adventures (i.e. like those really old games before pictures were invented :p). Anyway, this one in particular is geared more towards writers than programmers (supposedly) and I thought it an interesting way to experiment with my writing skills. So far I have yet to create anything, I've only gone through the instructions, but with a little experimentation it seems fairly straight forwards to create rooms and actions etc.

Anyway, I was wondering if this is something anyone else has experimented with, and whether or not they've had any success in telling the story they want to tell in such a format.

2. IfAnEchoDoesntAnswer

IfAnEchoDoesntAnswer Member

I've thought about it, toyed around a little with trying to flow-chart out a possible interactive-fiction plot, but have never taken it beyond that. It's an entirely different way of thinking about the idea of a narrative, and I just haven't made the time to immerse myself in trying to figure out how to make it work (make it work story-wise I mean. Aside from actually figuring out how to implement it in TADS or whatever.)

3. Melzaar the Almighty

Melzaar the Almighty Contributing Member Contributor

Oooh, I used to love writing those things. I did tons as a kid, but I generally focussed on one or two storylines and a lot of dead ends... It'd be awesome to try now when I have a better grasp on writing than I did as a little kid. :D

Can you message me the information on this software?

4. TheSpiderJoe

TheSpiderJoe Senior Member

I am also interested in what kind of software you are using. This sounds like a fantastic idea. I loved text adventure games back in elementary school.