I would like to pitch a possible movie idea.

Discussion in 'Self-Publishing' started by Fast Eddie, Dec 14, 2014.

1. GingerCoffee

GingerCoffee Web Surfer Girl Contributor

Yes. Hi, welcome to the forum, @Fast Eddie. Are you interested in writing?

2. Mckk

Mckk Member Supporter Contributor

You're all so much more patient than me. Bless you all WF members :D

OP, I'd really suggest you stick around and listen to these folks. Few would have this much patience and eagerness to help you...

3. Steerpike

Steerpike Felis amatus Contributor

@Fast Eddie no one saying it isn't a good idea (at least, I'm not; I think the idea itself has potential). I work with people who have ideas for a living, and I just want to keep people from stumbling around as much as possible. Moving ahead in the manner you suggest at the "idea" stage is difficult to do. But if you're resolved to do it, don't give up on the idea. Try to find a screenwriter who wants to collaborate and see what kind of deal you can work out. But even from the completed screenplay stage, you've still got a lot to do and it is important to have realistic expectations about how the process will work, how long it takes, the odds of success, etc. Sure, lightning can strike. It happens. But you shouldn't count on it happening, but instead should work hard to get to the end result you want.

Mckk likes this.
  4. Fullmetal Xeno

Fullmetal Xeno Protector of Literature Contributor

Write a story treatment or outline to flesh out the basics such as characters, locations and conflict etc. etc. Then start writing the actual script. If you have the idea in your head, don't be afraid to at least write all of it down. I did that and i don't regret it. Now i can jump into a project despite me not working on it for several weeks or even months because of what i wrote down. It's a very traditional and seemingly obvious option, but it works wonders for me.

5. theoriginalmonsterman

theoriginalmonsterman Pickle Contributor

Well I got two words for you: Good Luck! :3

Also side note: welcome to the forums :)