1. Forgotten_Memories

Forgotten_Memories Active Member

Fate Stay Night Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Role Play Discussion' started by Forgotten_Memories, Mar 13, 2013.

Hey guys! Here's where we can post all the discussion and character templates for my Fate Stay Night RPG!

My character is:

Name: Karin Ishihara

Sex: Female

Short Backstory:

Karin is practically a normal seventeen year old girl. Except for the fact that she recently discovered that she had a sort of magical ability. It all happened a couple of months ago, when she went along with her parents to help clear out the house of her grandfather who had recently passed away. She found an intricate necklace with an orange gem among the grandfather's personal belongings. After having tried it on, her life became a lot easier - she always managed to find everything she looked for or had lost. She goes to Homurahara Gakuen, the high school in the west of Fuyuki city, and lives in the area as well.

Magical Ability: She's a particularly good finder. Other than that she doesn't know anything about magic, just that there's something odd about the necklace when she wears it.

2. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Erik-the-Enchanter! Banned Contributor

Currently Reading::
    Love Poems
    im interested in joining since one of the rpg's im apart of is getting kind of slow, lol... i'll pm you. ;)

3. Forgotten_Memories

Alright! Quick so you can get first dibs on the classes! :p

I'm currently writing the intro scene, but I would like everyone to basically begin the story by going about their everyday lives (if you're not very familiar with magic), or getting prepared for the grail war (if you are familiar with magic and know you'll be part of it).

Also, I forgot to mention this, but think of a way how your servant will materialise before you - it usually just happens 'when it's time', or you could set up a particular summoning ritual with an artefact of the champion you want to call forward.

4. Forgotten_Memories

-ignore-

5. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    ok so my Magi can be a teenager? or is the main character my servant? oh and i sent you my PM's. x)

6. Forgotten_Memories

Just replied Erik! Both of them are technically your main characters. And yes, characters can be of any age!

7. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    here's my Magi's char template ya'll. :)

Name: Xayide

Appearance: tall, stick-thin, raven hair with a single silver streak, pale grey eyes, ox-blood red lips, metallic silver nails, long tight skirt and crisp-white frilly blouse, high heels, chunky amethyst ring on her index finger.

Short Backstory: Xayide is interested in finding the Grail to become the most powerful of the Magi and rule them. She isn't neccessarily evil, but she is ruthless and will do whatever it takes to win. She has tried to find the Grail before and always failed. This time she is determined to win.

Magical Abilities: Shoot a purple laserbeam from her amethyst ring once a day then let it recharge, discord (make bad luck happen around her), technopathy (influence technology), deviation (make flying objects go off-course), turn into: a white cat, a white crow, or a white snake, all with steel gray eyes. She also has a serated bone knife that she keeps hidden on her person at all times.

8. Forgotten_Memories

Great first post Erik!

Also, just another note: don't say your servant's name until we figure out who they are. Simply call them by their class name. So, if King Arthur was my Saber servant, I would just refer to it as Saber. :)

9. Kingtype

Kingtype Banned Contributor

Name: Fox Snider

Sex: Male

Appearance: Snider dresses in a fine all black tuxedo with a white under shirt. He also sports a black bow tie and a very expensive looking top hat. He also wears a long black cape that flows perfectly with the wind. His last pieces of clothing are fancy white gloves made of cloth, dress shoes and dress pants. He as what looks to be a slim build but a good deal of it under that suit is muscle. He has a boyishly handsome face but the way he tends to present himself makes him look for more intimidating then he actually is (Dark and mysterious). His left eye is red and his right eye is green. His hair is mid length and black but he keeps it slicked back and hidden under a top hat. His attire has been known to change and his face.

Short Backstory: Snider was born into a house of magus. Albeit this house was not very powerful so he worked extremely hard to get where he was now. He wasn't very good with things like fire casting (but he did manage to get okay with that), energy attacks or most things in fact. But there is one thing he was always praised for illusions. As he grew he took this skills even further he ran away and joined the circus when he was 10 or so becoming an acrobat. After

At the age of 15 he dropped the acrobat and started learning stage magic from a very worn out magician that was part of the traveling circus he was in. This magician taught him well and to this day Snider considers that man to be his true father. When working as a stage magician he realized he had a love for performing and entertaining crowds. Later in life he dropped out of the circus altogether and since 18 he had been spending his time traveling around the world being a master thief.

He went down the path of being a thief for the simple reason he wanted a greater challenge in life and a bigger audience to impress. He often uses his stage magic, illusions, fire magic and acrobatic skills while making a steal. He has recently quit being a thief and now seeks to aspire to great heights once again by winning the Grail War!

Magical Abilities: Snider is not a power house in terms of true magic he is extremely skilled with illusions and okay with fire. He can make firey clones of himself and have them explode as they approach the enemy. He can also make things appear differently then they are and is capable of making his voice sound different then it actually is. He can create the illusion of literally thousands upon thousands of doves swirling around the area, the enemy or himself. It makes for a good distraction. He can of course make copies of himself and shoot small fire balls. He can also make speedy escapes by making it look as if his own cape swallows him and his servant whole.

Other skills: As I said his true skill is not magic but the art of showmanship. He is extremely acrobatic and he uses a host of weapons, gadgets, tricks and all that wonderful stuff. He has razor tipped playing cards, he always has some sort of knife or pistol hidden up his sleeve or pant leg. He is a master of disguise to the point he can make himself look like anyone he has seen though the masks take sometime to craft. He is an expert at hiding himself and escaping traps. What I'm saying is he has a lot of stuff to play around with....far to much for me to name. (Seriously I can't name everything a stage magician thief would have it would take all night)

10. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    are you posting soon Kingtype? you can do the summoning thing in your first post, or wait til your next one, as Forgotten told me. i cannot wait for this rpg to take off lol...

11. Kingtype

I'm waiting for my servant to be approved.

12. Forgotten_Memories

Only need three more people! :)

Also, a little hint for the future of this RPG: it won't be as player versus player focused as initially stated - only at the beginning. In case you were wondering about interacting with other characters. And teaming up is definitely allowed as well (but you'll still have to keep in mind that only one person can win the grail ;))

13. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    pfft...its gonna be my char, duh lol. i have blind faith for all my characters, especially Xayide and her Caster. they make a good pair i think, hehehe... xD

14. AnonyMouse

AnonyMouse Contributor Contributor

I probably shouldn't, but I really wanna get in on this. Is the Lancer spot still available? If so, I can get a character to you tomorrow, FM. :D

15. Pheonix

Pheonix A Singer of Space Operas and The Fourth Mod of RP Contributor

Here's my Magi!

Name: Rosie Dalton

Appearance: Brown hair, eyes. Petite, about 5'4. Pretty but overall average looking.

Short Backstory: Rosie's father is a businessman who picked them up and moved them to Japan when she was a young girl. She speaks fluent japanese and is thoroughly acquainted with the culture. She enjoys out door activities and is somewhat athletic. She lives at home with her mother and father and younger sister, Lucy.

Magical Abilities: Rosie can manipulate electromagnetic fields to a certain degree. She can use this ability to create weak forcefields, phase through matter, and release energy bursts. She is however, not well practiced and still learning how to use her abilities.

16. Forgotten_Memories

Lancer is available, yes! :)

17. AnonyMouse

Awesome. Workin' on my character(s) now. In the meantime, I have a few minor questions:

(1) Is it okay if we haven't read or seen Fate/ Stay Night? It doesn't look like this shares anything with the original, other than the setting and premise, but I've seen the prequel movie (Fate/Zero) and understand the general idea of how the Grail War works.

(2) Is it okay if my mage doesn't know his servant's identity? I'm not even sure if he'll know his class, LOL. (You'll see why in my opening post, once it's all approved.) ;)

18. Forgotten_Memories

1) It's perfectly fine if you've never seen or read it!

2) It's alright if your mage doesn't know, but I think the Servant would tell them. :p

Send me your stuff as soon as you can! For the others who I've approved - make your intro posts so I can get things moving! :p

19. Kingtype

Making post!

20. Forgotten_Memories

Hey Erik! I've gone ahead and given you someone to interact with while you wait! :p

Also, I had to control Xayide for two lines of quick speech - hope you don't mind! ^^

21. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    im okay with it haha. i just think its kind of careless of the priest to just burst in like that--if he knows anything about Xayide, she has a short temper and a vicious mean streak. if he cares about his life, he won't do anything to upset her too much...lol. x)

also, when are you other guys gonna post, geez! lol... im so ready to start!!!

22. AnonyMouse

Character Template

Name: Brock Issen
    Sex: male

Appearance
    At 6’7” and about 300 pounds, Brock is hard to miss. Nearly every ounce of his bulk is solid muscle, making him an imposing figure, despite his easygoing demeanor. He is of a chocolate complexion, with brown eyes, and a square, rugged jawline, with closely-shaved black hair and long sideburns leading down to a stubbly chin and slight goatee. He typically wears a tight t-shirt, to show off his rock-hard abs and overly-large biceps, with baggy black cargo pants, thick boots and weighted fingerless gloves.

Short Backstory
    Born in America, Brock was adopted by a Japanese family and brought to Tokyo at age five, when his relatives and biological parents all died of unknown causes within the span of a year. He lived a relatively normal life as a member of the Yamada family until age eighteen, when his longtime girlfriend, Yokiko Mitsushida, made a shocking confession. His true family had been killed by hers, making Brock the last of a bloodline of powerful mages.

With tears in her eyes, Yokiko confessed to him that his entire life was a setup. The Yamadas were retainers of the powerful Mitsushida clan, ordered to watch over him until he reached maturity. Although she had come to love him, even his relationship with Yokiko was part of the plan; she’d been ordered to seduce him so they would bear a powerful mage child for the Mitsushida clan. The plan succeeded: she was already pregnant, but overcome with guilt.

Despite her heartfelt confession and sincerest apologies, Brock left everything behind in favor of a life on the run. The world of magic and mages was a cruel and esoteric place, which he was determined to distance himself from. Surviving on a meager inheritance and savings, he began training, knowing the next Grail War would come soon enough. When the mark of a Master finally appeared on his hand seven years later, he knew exactly what he must do…

Magical Abilities
    Brock’s family bloodline has regularly produced powerful “mana wells” -- people with large reserves of mana -- and he is no different. However, he never received formal training to become a mage. Despite his tremendous power, he lacks refinement and efficiency. His magic mostly consists of wild wasteful bursts of raw energy. His only self-taught techniques focus on enhancing his physical attributes, using mana to boost strength, endurance, and durability, allowing his body to take a lot of punishment. He is a formidable opponent in hand-to-hand combat, but even when suppressed, his vast reserves of power make him easy to detect.

23. Erik-the-Enchanter!

Love Poems
    are you posting soon Anonymouse? i like your char by the way! wonder how Xayide is gonna handle him in battle...oh yeah, her Caster servant is a superwitch hehehe. xD

24. Kingtype

Someone really needs to play as Saber class lol

25. Forgotten_Memories

Haha! My thoughts exactly Kingtype! I thought it would be first grabbed up!

And the priest doesn't care about barging in on anyone - he's the referee! :p